OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可設定を個別に設定したい
    Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

■Description(内容):
    現在 SharePoint 管理センターと、OneDrive 管理センターの "先進認証を使用していないアプリ" を許可 / 禁止する項目は連動していることを確認しております。
    SharePoint Online 側のみ、または OneDrive for Business 側のみ、など、先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可 / 禁止設定をそれぞれ個別に行えるよう、機能の拡張をお願いいたします。

Currently, the SharePoint Admin Center and OneDrive Admin Center have a setting to allow or disallow "Apps that don't use modern authentication". I would like to see a provision to allow setting the allow/disallow state individually on both SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Regarding the behavior of notifications when a file is downloaded from a shared folder in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business において、共有したフォルダー内のファイルをダウンロードした際の通知動作について
    Regarding the behavior of notifications when a file is downloaded from a shared folder in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business において、ファイル単体で共有設定を実施した場合、共有先ユーザーでそのファイルをダウンロードした際には共有元ユーザーにメールで通知される機能がありますが、フォルダーを共有先として指定した場合には、共有先のユーザーがフォルダー内のファイルをダウンロードしても共有元ユーザーに通知される機能がありません。この通知機能を追加してほしい。

In OneDrive for Business, if an individual file is shared then there exists a function that notifies the owner when a user downloads that file. However, there is no such notification functionality if the sharing is set at the folder level, and the files within the folder are downloaded. I would like to see this feature added in the future.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Personal vault feature for corporate tenant

Pls make available personal vault feature for corporate tenant. Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable Option to Turn off Onedrive for Business Versioning

I am currently using OneDrive for Business as a back-up storage which mirrors one of my other cloud storage. The version files takes up space every time we trigger a sync. I would like for the option to turn-off versioning for OneDrive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. you might consider making the 'lock' personalised thru settings or such ....

from zero (locks instantly) up to 20mins. I'm not sure if security is higher this way or in password protected documents?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step authentication

Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step verification just like in "Personal Vault". This would definitely secure our One Drive in an event when one of our devices would be stolen. I have signed in to One Drive web recently and typed all the password and it automatically connects me with my One Drive without verifying who entered the password. What if something happens to one or more of my devices, how can I retrieve and possibly secure all my files in my Account. Identity theft is still the number one issue today.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix security for OneDrive Folders & Files on Android.

OneDrive app for Android is giving users a false sense of security. You can enable a password, or on certain devices, fingerprint security or facial recognition to unlock OneDrive. But if the user has installed Word Mobile, or Excel Mobile, all OneDrive folders and files are accessible without any password, fingerprint or other security. There is no way to limit the Word mobile or Excel mobile apps on Android from having access to OneDrive folders and files. So any security for OneDrive is completely bypassed.
    If one were to lose one's device, the whole idea of requiring security is so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. if I don't have a moblie phone what do I do

does anyone have an idea how to retrieve my stuff of OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 建议onedrive个人保管库在锁定状态下依然可以同步更改

onedrive个人保管库只能在解锁状态下才能同步更改,这个机制不太合理,当我需要在个人保管库中上传大文件时,一般都不能在20分钟(保管库自动锁定时间)内完成上传更新任务,这时个人保管库会自动锁定并停止上传,导致我在其他设备上无法看到我在保管库中修改的内容。建议修改为在锁定状态下依然可以同步更改但是不能查看,这样更好一些,

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Title(件名):
    サイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を変更したい
    Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Description(内容):
    作成済みのサイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を任意に変更できるようにしてほしい。
    I would like to see the feature to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site in any.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Path of file in info

Searching a file via common specifications (e.g.: Rome municipality, conifers, article1.pdf) can gives various proposed file, but do not offer (at least in the info) the path of the file: they make it cumbersome to discern between multiple editions of the file, different topics and folders (shared or not), and in general recognize at a glance the exact location (in my case factor of productivity) become a complicated task.
    So please Just add those infos where it's supposed to find their.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. deleted file

Allow deleted files to be kept for 1year, up from standard 30days, for additional charge

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Files in my Personal Vault shouldn't show up in Windows Search when it is locked.

I created a text file in Personal Vault, locked the fault, and the file still showed up in Windows Search results. The vault is useless to me if this happens.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Could the block sync for OneDrive desktop application be enhanced so OneDrive for Business and Sharepoint could be treated differently.

Currently business uses the OneDrive client for 2 different purposes, the first is to provide users and interface with OneDrive for business. The users are not allowed to download this data to personal devices, so the option has been set to only allow this for domain joined devices.
    The client is also used to access sharepoint online, which is used to share with external customers, so we dont want the same restriction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow us to control that users can access to OneDrive for Business only from sync client and specified IP

■Title(件名):
    特定 IP アドレスかつ同期クライアントのみで OneDrive for Business にアクセスできるようにしたい
    Allow us to control that users can access to OneDrive for Business only from sync client and specified IP

■Description(内容):
    OneDriveを使用するにあたり、自宅を初めとする社外よりWebアクセスを制限させたい。
    アプリがインストールされている環境であれば、アクセスできてしまう点は考慮していません。最終的な要望として可能であれば職場や限られた場所からのみかつクライアントアプリからのみアクセスできるようにしたい。
    I would like to restrict users not to access OneDrive from outside of the organization including the user’s home. I’m not considering about the situation that users can access the service if they have installed the app. In conclusion, I would like to control where users can access OneDrive that only from the client app and specified location such as the office.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Betalen

Graag via ideal betalen als student heb je geen recht op een creditcard owm inkomensgrens. Ik kan dus mijn account niet upgraden

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide us the feature to change syncing files status as [Free up space] automatically

■Title(件名):
    同期しているファイルを自動的に 「空き領域を増やす」 状態に変える機能を追加してほしい。
    Provide us the feature to change syncing files status as [Free up space] automatically

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business ファイルオンデマンドを利用して同期しているファイルに対して、PCのユーザー切り替えや PC のシャットダウンのタイミングですべての同期ファイルを「空き領域を増やす」 状態に変える機能を追加してほしい。

When user account was switched on the PC or shutdown PCs, I would like to see the feature to change the status as [Free up space] for all files which are synced by OneDrive for Business Files On-Demand.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Title(件名):
    ライセンス切り替えに伴う OneDrive for Business の容量変更を自動化してほしい。
    Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Description(内容):
    F1 ライセンスから E3 ライセンスに切り替えたユーザーの OneDrive for Business の容量が、2 GB から 1 TB に変更されるはずだが自動的に変更されない。
    PowerShell での変更が必要になるため、ライセンス変更時に自動的に OneDrive for Business の容量も変更されるようにしてほしい。

It would be great if OneDrive storage size will be updated from 2GB to 1TB automatically when the assigned license to users are changed from F1 to E3.
    In current design, we need to change the size via PowerShell, so please change storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to audit/view who you have shared OneDrive files with as attachments in Outlook

When attaching a link to a OneDrive for Business document within Outlook there should be a way you can audit or view who you have shared the link/document with. for example i've sent links to many files in my OneDrive over the past year or so but i'd like to be able to see who i've shared what and with who

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Selective Sync

Allow us to select folders to not sync within the Entire sync'd drive on devices we choose. Eg. I have a folder with a lot of tutorial videos on my laptop that I would like to share with my peers, but I do not want it to sync to my iPad because that would take up way too much space.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base