OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Add a report that shows all shared files for all users in a tenancy (User, Shared File Name, Who the file is shared with).

Our Information Governance Dept have requested a report as above so that they can keep tabs on what users are sharing from OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want a feature to view log of items deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ごみ箱の保管期限を過ぎて自動削除されたログを取得する機能を希望
    I want a feature to view log of items deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online や OneDrive for Business にて、ごみ箱の保管期限を過ぎて自動削除されたファイルを確認できる機能の追加をしてほしい。
    I hope a function that allows checking of files that were automatically deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period will be implemented for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Display the three numbers when using authenticator for personal vault

Have the authenticator app display three numbers when signing into personal vault like when signing into OneDrive in a browser, instead of just approving or denying the request.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Exclude folders from removal monitoring

I have couple of OneDrive folders used for sync between devices. After sync complete, I get the alert of "multiply files removed", and it can be annoying. How about to mark the folder to exclude it from file removal monitoring?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to block spontaneous file sharing

I recently received a shared document from someone who I had never heard of, living on the other side of the world. The only point of them sending the document was to include a cover note, which appeared to be offering to help me find prostitutes or drugs via Craigslist. In effect OneDrive is functioning as a vector for spam. I would like to be able to set a flag to say that only people on an approved list can share files with me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Forget about features, first get the basics working

Forget about new features, first get the basics working. Looks like the service is severely flawed on fundamentals. Even email to support feature is not working for customers to post their problems. The dialog is just stuck in progress while posting the message.

I have many files in my One Drive that show up but do not open. I am afraid if I have lost critical data because I trusted on One Drive. Please restore all the files immediately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unable to get a list of the information from the PowerShell commandlet if not added as the owner of My Site

■Title(件名):
    個人用サイトに管理者として追加されていないと、PowerShell コマンドレットにて情報一覧を取得できない
    Unable to get a list of the information from the PowerShell commandlet if not added as the owner of My Site

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のサイト コレクションの所有者を確認する PowerShell コマンドレットは、該当のサイト コレクションの所有者でなければ、すべてのユーザーのステータスが “False” となり、正常な結果を得ることができません。
    全体管理者であれば、サイトコレクションの所有者に登録されていなくてもテナント内のユーザーのサイト コレクションの所有者を確認できるよう、機能の拡充をお願いします。
    If a user is not the owner of given Site Collections, all user’s statuses will read as “False” when using a PowerShell commandlet to check the ownership of Site Collections in OneDrive for Busines. Please change the functionality such that global administrators can check the ownership of Site Collections by users within tenant without being registered as the Site Collection’s…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Developers. Ask the question. If you had discovered the formula of how to change lead to gold would you entrust this formula to OneDrive?

If you would not then how do you expect others to entrust their secrets? And yes, everyone has secrets.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better explanation of end-to-end encryption "implied" but not described explicitly as being part of Personal Vault.

Bitlocker security for Personal Vault - make it user cloud bitlocked drive just as local drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Signaler un Groupe Abusive !!!

je suis confronter à un groupe abusive composer de faux support et faux assistance et faux administrateur qui détiennent illégalement mes appareils principaux  ( appareils de confiance et de personnels )qui tiennent à m'imposer un profil robot avec inscription pour différents groupe de discutions  Apres avoir désactivée mon Profil de personne Que dois-je faire ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Last modified date is not reflected when I change a retention policy

■Title(件名):
    アイテム保持ポリシーを変更した際に最終変更日が反映されない
    Last modified date is not reflected when I change a retention policy

■Description(内容):
    作成済みのアイテム保持ポリシーに対して、"次のコンテンツに適用" や "設定" を変更すると、保存直後は保持ポリシーの最終変更日が更新されるものの、画面を更新すると最終変更日が以前の状態に戻っている。
    アイテム保持ポリシーの "状態" や "ポリシー名" "説明文" を変更した場合は最終変更日が更新された日付となっており、変更した内容によって反映される動作が異なる。
    本動作について、変更内容を保存した場合は最終変更日が反映されるよう改善してほしい。
    If I change the "Apply to the following content" and "Settings" for a retention policy that I have created, the last modification date of the retention policy is updated immediately after the save, but the last modified date returns to its original state when I refresh the screen.
    If I change the retention policy’s status or policy name, the date of the last change is the updated date, but the behavior…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You need to put out a disclaimer notice ASAP!

Yesterday I rec'd over 40 calls supposedly from "Apple Inc" telling me my "cloud" was causing a severe security risk to my Apple products. Altho I KNEW it was a scam (because I own no Apple products), others might not. Found out today that many other friends also rec'd those same annoying repeat calls all day long & even into the night until around 8 pm yesterday. I blocked every number they used to call me, but they would then just roll over to another number for their robo-dialer to use to constantly harass me (as they did to my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. MFA support for OneDrive sync client

Azure B2B guest user cannot use the OneDrive sync client, because the client does not support Multi-Factor-Authentication (MFA)!

Please implement MFA for the B2B sync for OneDrive.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. (DCR) modify the behavior of how the data is stored after a user selects “stop backup” on an ad\hoc basis

Issue:
    • When you stop the backup of any of your known folders, the files stay in the OneDrive folder instead of being moved to the original folder location.
    • The message you get is not very clear for a non-technical user, which will make them think they are losing their files by stopping the backup.

We would like to either make OneDrive to move the files back to the original location. [ definitely would like to push for this option.

Or if it’s not possible due to design / change complexity… To provide a more user friendly message, indicating…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sync SharePoint sync settings

It appears that when you sync a SharePoint online library the folders you sync are only applied to that computer.

If you log in to a second (or new) computer you have to replicate every sync manually. This could take forever to replicate if you are syncing a large number of sites/libraries.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Expire

File expiration date: user defined expiration date of the file on onedrive. For example, product offers which user may want to get back to; or saved emails which may not be relevant or important to hold on to.
    Absolves the user from recurring purging of files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Variable time-out times for OneDrive Vault

The automatic time-out for OneDrive Vault works great for work from phones and tablets, and while traveling, but when I'm sitting at my desk at home working on my Windows-10 desktop computer, I often need to work with the files in the Vault for an hour or more. Please allow an option (perhaps on the Open Vault request form) to specify how long we want the Vault to be open.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Exporting each item within a report in Office 365 from PowerShell

■Title(件名):
    PowerShellにて Office 365 レポート内の各項目の エクスポートについて
    Exporting each item within a report in Office 365 from PowerShell

■Description(内容):
    弊社で OneDrive for Business を日々利用しています。
    PowerShellにて、管理センターの Office 365 レポート [メールアクティビティ] [OneDrive のファイル] エクスポートを考えております。
    しかしながら、現時点ではOffice 365 レポート内の各項目の エクスポート機能の設定ができません。
    PowerShellにて Office 365 レポート内の各項目の エクスポートの機能拡張を要望します。
    In our organization, we use OneDrive for Business on an everyday basis.
    We have been thinking about exporting the “Mail Activity” and “OneDrive File” items in the Office 365 reports in the Admin Center via PowerShell, however currently no such functionality exists for individual items.
    I would like the option to export these items from the reports…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base