OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow us to control sharing between users between different GEO in Multi-GEO environment

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Multi-GEO 環境を利用の場合に、他の GEO のユーザーと共有できないよう制御する機能について
    Allow us to control sharing between users between different GEO in Multi-GEO environment

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business において、同一テナント内のユーザー間での共有を禁止する機能が実装されていないことを確認しております。Multi-GEO 環境を利用している場合に同一テナント内のユーザー間での共有を禁止できないことで、社内の機密情報が海外に漏洩する可能性があるため、異なる GEO 間での共有を禁止する機能の実装をお願いします。

I would like to see the feature to restrict sharing between users in different GEO. In current design, we are no able to stop sharing for users in same tenant in OneDrive Business, however, confidential information leakage to outside of countries might occur when we use Multi-GEO environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why delay "Personal Vault" for UK your 2nd largest MS market?

Why delay "Personal Vault" for UK your 2nd largest MS market?
    Subscribers in UK have to pay but wait for benefits

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Optimizing the Order of File Transfer

Optimizing the Order of File Transfer
    Arrange the order of files according to the requirements.
    First download or upload the latest files, then download or upload the old files, and finally process the deleted files.
    This will prevent the current amendments and new documents from being processed in a timely manner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Require OS passcode

Rather than the currently-offered "require app passcode" policy, offer a policy that works similarly to the Outlook Mobile app, where the app doesn't have its own unique passcode, but refuses to function until you have set a passcode in the OS of the mobile device.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Personal Vault Shared

I would like an ability to share a personal vault with someone else. So that I can share the sensitive family documents with the same re-authentication controls.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. File Encryption for OneDrive Personal Users

File Encryption for OneDrive personal users

Microsoft needs to offer file encryption for its personal users as they do for business customers. We pay for a service and I would feel more confident if I didn't have to use a 3rd party app to encrypt my personal data on OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Eliminate filename and folder name exclusions

At the moment, some characters and file/folder names will not sync, even though the names are valid on the device. For instance, a folder named "Forms" in the root of the sync directory will not sync to the cloud. This is an unnecessary restriction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow administrators to force users setting password when they share items via sharing links

■Title(件名):
    共有リンクのパスワードの設定を必須とする機能について
    Allow administrators to force users setting password when they share items via sharing links

■Description(内容):
    管理者側の制御により、各ユーザーのアイテム共有時にパスワードの設定を必須とすることができるようにしてほしい。

I would like to see the feature for administrators to force users setting password when they share items via sharing links.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remote Logout

If you log in to OneDrive from a PC, you tend to remain signed in, yet the ability to remotely log off a device or session is strangely missing. This makes your files vulnerable to access or deletion.

Other services, such as Google Drive, have this capability.

Example: You're at a friend's house and you use their PC to log in to OneDrive and download something, but don't click 'logoff.' Your friend now has access to all of your OneDrive files and can read, change, or delete the files. With remote logoff, you could use your app or PC to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Me habian enviado notificaciones q cerrarian mi cuenta, antes de esto la han inmovilizado,luego si quiero hacer algo al respecto, no puedo!.

Me habian enviado notificaciones q cerrarían mi cuenta, antes de esto la han inmovilizado,luego si quiero hacer algo al respecto, no puedo!.Me habían enviado notificaciones q cerrarian mi cuenta en agosto, Justo 15 dias antes de esto la han inmovilizado, luego si quiero tomar acciones al respecto, no puedo!.. no tuve el tiempo antes y sin avisar la bloquean. Agradecería que fuera menos complicado y la desbloquearan pronto para poder hacer los ajustes.
    Un saludo

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clearly state, in layman's terms, your encryption policy, in the documentation

Please clearly state if you encrypt non-subscription OneDrive files at rest (free, personal, OneDrive files).

In layman's terms, please discuss the differences between encryption options for both "Subscribed-to-Office 365 personal" users, and "non-subscribed personal" users.

In layman's terms, please clearly indicate the context of Microsoft encrypting our personal files at rest, via OneDrive (free, personal version), and the consequences thereof -- theoretically speaking -- Microsoft would have the key and a Bad Actor could unlock said files.

Publicly explain why, or why you don't, encrypt OneDrive files at rest for free, personal use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Terrible logic when sharing a folder on OneDrive. Preference not for email address added as family in account.

I was sharing a folder on OneDrive with my family and I was disappointed to find that for one of my family email address was picked from contact list but email address provided in Account/Subscription was not picked. It was not even recognized even though it should be in my contacts. I have a premium office subscription and have my family with their Outlook email addresses added in there. However, when sharing anything with my family I have to enter their outlook email addresses manually. This is terrible logic when sharing. It is worse to find that these email address…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow us to choose application when specifying and applying conditional access policies

■Title(件名):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを指定して適用したい。
    Allow us to choose application when specifying and applying conditional access policies

■Description(内容):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを指定する際、OneDrive for Business 、SharePoint Online、Teams をそれぞれ選択して適用できる機能の実装をお願いいたします。

I would like to see the feature to choose application such as OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online and Teams when specifying and applying conditional access policies.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow us to apply conditional access policy only for OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを OneDrive for Business にのみ適用したい。
    Allow us to apply conditional access policy only for OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを、OneDrive for Business のみに適用する機能の実装をお願いいたします。

I would like to see the feature to apply conditional access policy only for OneDrive for Business.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move Application Folders to dedicated subfolder

There is no dedicated folder where applications can store their files.
    Some use the top folder, other the 'Documents' folder
    but the top folder should be relatively clean and user oriented
    whilst documents should be mainly maintainted with user content

hence the suggestion to provide an dedicated folder for such items.
    Some thing like Applications Files,
    it could be placed under the top folder or the Documents folder

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let us use alternate libraries from the default "Documents"

Inside Onedrive for Business, we are currently able to go to "Site Contents" and add additional libraries, which currently works for integrations with other products such as Dynamics 365, however we have been told that alternate libraries inside OneDrive are being deprecated and will no longer be supported.
    This decision to deprecate alternate libraries should be reversed for several reasons including the fact that it contradicts the existing limitations on the number of items that can exist in a single library.
    Let us continue using alternate libraries inside OneDrive for Business, as we need this to continue being supported going…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow us to export [Statistics for Files] of OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の [ファイルの統計情報] のエクスポート機能の実装
    Allow us to export [Statistics for Files] of OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    現在の動作において、OneDrive for Business の [ファイルの統計情報] のエクスポート機能が実装されていないことを確認しております。
    代替方法として、管理者側から Office 365 監査ログの検索結果をエクスポートすることが可能ですが、
    ユーザー単位でも [ファイルの統計情報] のエクスポートを可能とする機能の実装を希望します。

I would like to see the feature to export [Statistics for Files] of OneDrive for Business for each user.
    Exporting Office 365 audit logs by admins is working as a workaround, but it would be great if exporting [Statistics for Files] of each user is available as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disable Pause/Stop Sync for OneDrive for Business

Disable Pause/Stop Sync for OneDrive for Business

This is critical as some of our users are pausing the sync when they should not be. They dont realize this replaced folder redirection and if they are not syncing new data it will be lost in the event of a computer failure.

This ensures the less likely hood of user data being lost.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. enter to application with touch id, face id or password

enter to onedrive app with touch id, face id or password like a Microsoft Authenticator app

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base