OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Free personal storage for work office 365 users

I have a office 365 premium account from work. Till now I had 100Gb of free (Samsung promotion) in my personal onedrive. Now I have no way to buy 100Gb of personal storage or set aside 100Gb of personal storage in my work account. Microsoft - please resolve this issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use of German Datacenter

Enable the possibility to use the German datacenter for Office 365 Personal!

While the use of the German datacenter is available for Office 365 Business it would be highly appreciated to use these datacenter with the personal OneDrive as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Eliminate filename and folder name exclusions

At the moment, some characters and file/folder names will not sync, even though the names are valid on the device. For instance, a folder named "Forms" in the root of the sync directory will not sync to the cloud. This is an unnecessary restriction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step authentication

Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step verification just like in "Personal Vault". This would definitely secure our One Drive in an event when one of our devices would be stolen. I have signed in to One Drive web recently and typed all the password and it automatically connects me with my One Drive without verifying who entered the password. What if something happens to one or more of my devices, how can I retrieve and possibly secure all my files in my Account. Identity theft is still the number one issue today.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Move Application Folders to dedicated subfolder

There is no dedicated folder where applications can store their files.
    Some use the top folder, other the 'Documents' folder
    but the top folder should be relatively clean and user oriented
    whilst documents should be mainly maintainted with user content

hence the suggestion to provide an dedicated folder for such items.
    Some thing like Applications Files,
    it could be placed under the top folder or the Documents folder

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Silent KFM not working when there is a "problem", but wont tell the user or the admin.

We've been testing out OneDrive KFM, and its not working when there is a problem with one of the know folders, it could be a Symlink or "illegal" file type, .pst etc.
    It would be nice to have a dashboard that wrote these errors from the deployment, so we could take action on it, instead of not knowing why it isn't deploying.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Onedrive and network share syncronization

The ability to sync a network share and onedrive. With the ability to make changes in either onedrive or the network share reflect in both locations in real time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sync control on root level for OneDrive for Home usage

As a home user, I store copies of important documents in the cloud, so I have them still available in case of e.g. fire. However I don't want those documents to be synced with every device I am using.

My question is: Can a configuration be added to the root level folders of each account, where using the web-interface I can configure for each root folder whether the folder is allowed to be synced to a device or not. I would like to have this configuration in one place only (on the web interface), and not configure this on each…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Storage

On our subscription, we have 6TB - 1TB for 6 people each. We are only using 2, but there is no way to combine storage so it would be 2TB on one account, and the rest are 1TB each, now only 5 accounts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. dguillaumier@gmail.com

I,thought,you are there ,to help and serve people,wow,thanks for your respond,it made me very happy,im sure ,that ,many people have the same problem, im not alone,in this thank you,

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. identify what computername the OneDrive client is not syncing

OneDrive for Business should have a feature that identify what machine is not syncing so that the support could assist the user that is not syncing. Better if to identify why the client is not syncing.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scan and Remove duplicate

Scan and Remove duplicate files (similar to ccleaner) to lessen storage space. Example in pictures

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Let us sync folders on any drive

Let us sync folders on any drive.

For example
    c:\documents
    d:\recepies

d:\pictures

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a report that shows all shared files for all users in a tenancy (User, Shared File Name, Who the file is shared with).

Our Information Governance Dept have requested a report as above so that they can keep tabs on what users are sharing from OneDrive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Service-by-Service Enablement of Multifactor Authentication

I would like to enable Multi-factor authentication, but am I mistaken in that is an all-or-nothing proposition? I would like the ability to turn on MFA just for OneDrive... I don't want to turn it on and then have to mess with App Passwords, enforcement of MFA when trying to use my Xbox, or even Outlook.com for that matter. I would like to apply MFA on a service-by-service basis, as I need sit based upon my usage, where I may/may not have sensitive information, etc.

Can you consider this enhancement, please? Or is it available nad I just haven't looked…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Me habian enviado notificaciones q cerrarian mi cuenta, antes de esto la han inmovilizado,luego si quiero hacer algo al respecto, no puedo!.

Me habian enviado notificaciones q cerrarían mi cuenta, antes de esto la han inmovilizado,luego si quiero hacer algo al respecto, no puedo!.Me habían enviado notificaciones q cerrarian mi cuenta en agosto, Justo 15 dias antes de esto la han inmovilizado, luego si quiero tomar acciones al respecto, no puedo!.. no tuve el tiempo antes y sin avisar la bloquean. Agradecería que fuera menos complicado y la desbloquearan pronto para poder hacer los ajustes.
    Un saludo

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow saving open OneDrive document offline when MFA expires

PLEASE ALLOW USERS TO SAVE ONEDRIVE FILES OFFLINE WHEN THEY CAN'T APPROVE A MFA REQUEST.
    If multifactor authentication expires while working on a file saved on OneDrive, it won't be possible to save the file in any other offline location without approving the MFA. "File > Save As" path keeps on trying to connect to server and won't allow for saving the file in a different place (Excel in my case).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give the option to let onedrive use an subst to a drive letter.

Give us the option to let onedrive be accesses bij a drive letter. This soves the following problems:
    - The path is sorter (c:\users\username\onedrive with be O:)
    - You can allow browsing with chromium without exposing the c: drive (blacklist file:///*, whitelist o:/)
    - Old programs can access the onedrive files much easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories