OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow for disabling of Versioning, and decrease lower bound threshold of versions to significantly reduce my data usage and save money

The automatic non optional versioning is making me use more data than I need. This is the same for many other companies.

Give this option so customers can decide what to value, space or back up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow one to open .MOD files in One Drive.

JVC Everio Camcorders are still used by many folks like me.
    video files are stored on One Drive - for safe keeping as well as viewing and sharing.
    Would be great if one could view ALL video files on One Drive, including .MOD files.
    Please provide proper codec to One Drive so anyone who stores .MOD files on One Drive can open and view said files on One Drive.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Custom storage location for on-premise OneDrive/SharePoint

It would be great if we can configure custom storage locations for OD4B files that are integrated into a SharePoint farm. For instance, if my farm is in Texas and I am in Denver, my OneDrive files should be able to reside in Denver, rather than where the farm is located. If we have a bunch of offices with files local to that office, we should be able to keep the files local to those office, but use OD4B.

This also allows for better staging for a migration to OneDrive/SharePoint online

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive Powershell commands to manage onedrive folders

We were hit with Ransomware. The ransomware created a txt file in all folders and subfolders within OneDrive. Unfortunately, there is no powershell command to mass delete all files from all user folders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Function for users without an admin license to check file access histories

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    管理者ライセンスがないユーザーでファイルのアクセス履歴の確認する機能について
    Function for users without an admin license to check file access histories

■Description(内容):
    アクセス履歴を確認するユーザーに管理者ライセンスの付与をすることは社内ポリシー上できないため、管理者ライセンスを付与をせず、動画をアップロードしたユーザーがアクセス履歴を確認する機能の追加をご希望

Since in order for a user to check file access histories, they need an admin license which we cannot grant due to our internal policies, please add a way for users to check the access history for videos they uploaded without having been granted an admin license.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. we need a report indicating who the files are shared with

for security compliance we need to produce a report with the list of shared files. and we need to known the source and the destination of the shared files

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Different policies for different Group of users based on AD Groups

Onedrive admin center should allow configuration of different policies and to allow it to be applied on different users and groups as one size doesnt fit all users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. User deletion should remove access for any shared files/folders

An employee leaves the company and his user is removed from the Microsoft 365 admin center through Active Directory synchronization.

Due the OneDrive retention settings the content is still available for the defined period and can be accessed or restored by using PowerShell.

During the retention period other users are still able to access any shared content in OneDrive (sharing links still active).

A solution is necessary if the company requires that shared content should not be accessible if the user leaves the company. Or when the OneDrive is moved to the site collection recycle bin users realize late that…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Report and Audit File Shared to External Email Address

Looking to get reports on Files or Folders that presents the actual External Email address that it is being shared to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Merge multiple one drive accounts to use the total amount of storage

Hi,

I have 5 OneDrive business accounts with 1TB each - total of 5TB.

My question is, Is there a Microsoft's official way to merge 5 or more OneDrive business accounts to use the total amount of storage?

Regards

Imran Shaikh

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Keeping Onedrive Personal

Sharing should only be for business not personal its too risky. it would be nice to be able to see what mobile devices are logged into onedrive along with the option to remove, report and block. But the owner of onedrive can not be seen or blocked.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Delete and download button shouldn’t be together in the menu options.

It is easy to accidentally press the delete button when you are downloading something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to hide recipients of shared files/folders in emails in the 'To' field

At the moment when sharing files externally external users see who else the items are shared with in the 'To' field. This is a problem when we don't want all external users knowing who we have shared stuff with. Can an option be added to display this so only the recipient is shown? I believe there is way to add users to a BCC lists using PS but with the amount of external users we send to this is not a practical solution.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simultaneous login and file syncs with more than 1 OneDrive accounts

I’m sure I am far from unique in that I and my family have multiple OneDrive accounts. For example a personal instance, a family instance and child instances. One of the great frustrations is the inability to see multiple locations without the greater inconvenience of logging out and back in. I also believe people would want to sync more than one account to a device (e.g. a personal instance and a family instance).

I am certain that this inability means MSFT looses accounts as it forces folks to have accounts across multiple app’s (e.g. Personal on OneDrive, family on Google…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ransomware Protection. Only Major Public Cloud provide not to provide data encryption at rest is OneDrive

Microsoft OneDrive is the only insecure personal storage out of GoogleDrive, Dropbox not to encrypt the data at risk to prevent ransomware. Everyone should demand this. 2 Factor authentication is not enough. check any of the top 5 providers to see they all offer 2 Factor and data encryption at risk for the free tier of personal storage.

This needs to be fixed ASAP. Please upvote to protect yourself.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change your widget.

Stop putting a "memory" photo on the widget automatically. I hate it and don't want it. I also don't like some coder in California decided what a memory is for me. I also don't want a widget rummaging around in my Photos. It's offensive and an assault on my privacy. I don't need to store my photos in OneDrive. I have other cloud tools to store my photos. What I want from OneDrive is a place to store the items I want to store there and access them where and where I want. I've been doing that with the app…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Is to le my PC see the person on remote desktop APPS? I bet if so, will you provide me with a support link

Is to le my PC see the person on remote desktop APPS? I bet if so, will you provide me with a support link

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show onedrive standalone 100gb plan in app

When I want to upgrade my basic onedrive account, I'm being suggested only the Microsoft 365 personal/family plans and not the standalone 100gb plan. I had to go to Microsoft browser to subscribe to my desired plan - standalone 100gb.
    I find this misleading as unaware users are being directed to costlier plans without even being notified about the other cheaper plan.
    Is this part of funneling customers to the higher priced plans?
    I agree with the premium versions, you get extra productivity tools but for users like me who need only a secure storage space, this is quite misleading!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability for admins to turn OFF One Drive for select users

We need the ability to turn off One Drive, per user, not just globally. Unnecessarily difficult to manage data exfiltration without this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)