OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Regarding access by external users

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    外部ユーザーのアクセスについて
    Regarding access by external users

■Description(内容):
    外部ユーザーのアクセス履歴を把握するために、外部ユーザーがアクセスした際、どのユーザーが、どのフォルダーにアクセスしたのか、管理者に自動的に通知を送信する機能の実装を要望します。
    In order to track the access history of external users, we would like to implement a function that automatically sends a notification to the administrator as to which external user has accessed which folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability for admins to turn OFF One Drive for select users

We need the ability to turn off One Drive, per user, not just globally. Unnecessarily difficult to manage data exfiltration without this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A Family Office365 account offers 6TB. Can this be shared and dermined by the administrator?

I have an Family Office365 account which offers 6TB, which offers 6 accounts 1TB each. If I have fewer tha 6 accounts, can the allowance be determined by the administrator?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Office file collaboration needs more granular policy

Please allow us to deploy a policy that will check/uncheck the option for File collaboration in the Office tab. Current policy only allow either to "check" and show the Office tab, or "uncheck" but hide the office tab.

We want to have option to "uncheck" by default but still show the Office tab so user can "check" the option if they wish to

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. stop locking me out of my email!! ..and one drive everytime !!

the point in cyber space is to acess your info anywhere.....stop all the verification **** while traveling... to difficult to
    verify when both your acc o unts are hotmail and both locked. i pay for one drive not and expect to use it . especially when airlines are trying to comtact me and im locked out of my emails and one drive. secret questions are enough security. no need to call phones and send codes to other emails....
    stop it or lose another customer....
    i dont have time to play security with you when im buying airline tickets at the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Regarding the length of sessions

■Title(件名):
    セッションの保持について
    Regarding the length of sessions

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて "ネットワークドライブの割り当て" を実施する際、セッション切れ防止のため定期的に Office 365 へのサインインが必要となるが、永続的にセッションを保持する設定や、セッション保持期間を調節できるよう機能の拡張を希望します。

When using “Map network drive” on OneDrive for Business, in order to prevent the session ending, it is necessary to sign into Office 365 regularly. Please add a setting to maintain sessions indefinitely or to control the length of time for which a session can be maintained.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive Powershell commands to manage onedrive folders

We were hit with Ransomware. The ransomware created a txt file in all folders and subfolders within OneDrive. Unfortunately, there is no powershell command to mass delete all files from all user folders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add owner UPN column to OneDrive for Business usage report

Currently only the owner display name and url of the user's OneDrive site is available in the OneDrive usage report. I use this report to then tie the information in to data that we have only in our internal reporting systems to gain insight into how OneDrive is being used, where it is being underused, and how users are sharing files. There is a script that can get the UPN from the url of the OneDrive site but there are hundreds of sites where the url's listed in the report end in .com1 and there are no emails in our…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I don't want your one drive offer so stop making my computer shove it down my throat.

off with your constant one drive !!!!
    If I want to back up my files I'm capable of doing it myself!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide us the information of IP addresses which are used on the services

■Title(件名):

SharePoint Online や OneDrive for Business で利用する IP アドレスの変更予定と、インターバル期間を確認できるサービスを提供してほしい。
    Provide us the information of IP addresses which are used on the services

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online や OneDrive for Business で利用する IP アドレスの変更予定と、インターバル期間を確認できるサービスを提供してほしい。事前に情報を確認することで、ユーザー環境でのエラーの回避やメンテナンスの利便性が高まるため対応してほしい。

We would like to have an advanced notification for the change of IP addresses used on SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business, and how much time we have before the change.

Those notifications or information will let us to prevent having error or improve maintainability on the user environment.

Thank you for your considerations.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Features for site collection administrator’s maintenance

■Title(件名):
    ユーザー削除後のサイト コレクションの管理者について
    Features for site collection administrator’s maintenance

■Description(内容):
    現在、ユーザー削除後のサイト コレクションの管理者は削除されたユーザーのままであるが、管理者を不在のままサイト コレクションを保持する機能の実装を要望いたします。また、サイト コレクションの管理者(プライマリ)を現在外すことができませんが、外すことができるコマンドレットも用意していただきたいです。

I would like to see the feature regarding site administrator as below:

・the way to maintain the site without administrators after previous admin was deleted from organization. At current design, the deleted user will remain as administrator at the site.

・cmltd for deleting site collection administrator (primary). We do not have any way to delete it at current behavior.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. To EASY BORWING Basinga

Quaten Verschränkung

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ¿Hay alguna forma de poder acceder al contenido del "Almacen Personal" en aquellos casos en que no hay conexión disponible a Internet?

¿Hay alguna forma de poder acceder al contenido del "Almacen Personal" en aquellos casos en que no hay una conexión disponible a Internet?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. i been being attacked by a mac fisher for 6 yrs ,,,i narrowed his attacks too this since no matter where i go he deletes my connect ,

he is a mac fisher and a comcast employee
    they attack by mac address and use the ghost prog ,,,hiding their identity ,,get rid the ghost prog ,,let them come in opem that site protects them

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Custom storage location for on-premise OneDrive/SharePoint

It would be great if we can configure custom storage locations for OD4B files that are integrated into a SharePoint farm. For instance, if my farm is in Texas and I am in Denver, my OneDrive files should be able to reside in Denver, rather than where the farm is located. If we have a bunch of offices with files local to that office, we should be able to keep the files local to those office, but use OD4B.

This also allows for better staging for a migration to OneDrive/SharePoint online

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. enter to application with touch id, face id or password

enter to onedrive app with touch id, face id or password like a Microsoft Authenticator app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive storage size should not use the local Disk Drive space. Local Disk is full due to to data from OneDrive.

My OneDrive storage is using the capacity of my local Disk Drive, so the local disk is now full. I want to make space on my local PC and make the OneDrive storage size not counting for my local disk drive. How to do this without loosing data? Local Disk Drive should not be full due to OneDrive storage usage.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Recover Onedrive files after deletion

Dear Microsoft team,

My files were deleted after Onedrive's freeze. I contacted support, and they informed me that it is definitive.
    Some files are very important, so Microsoft should give its customer a chance to recover them.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base