OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve OneDrive's security, policy and administration experiences??

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Prevent Download - Shared files - eg: .m4a files

The option to prevent download of shared files only works on a select few file formats. If i upload an m4a file to onedrive and set it so no one can download it, users are still able to download the file.

Google Drive have got it right - files that cannot be played in the browser cannot be downloaded to the user's device.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive Notification when Freezing for Inactivity

Hi,

It would be nice to receive a notification when you are about to freeze my OneDrive account for inactivity. Moreover, I was using it. The app is installed on my phone and my laptop. I have files stored, that I some times look at. I suspect you consider me inactive just because I did not change the contents of the folder, but that doesn't mean I am not using it.

I was reinstalling my OS, and when I tried to login to the OneDrive app, it said I have to go to the website. The website told me that…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Exceeding sync item limit

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    同期可能なアイテム数を超えた場合の動作について
    Exceeding sync item limit

■Description(内容):
    同期クライアントで、公開情報に記載の [同期可能なアイテム数] について、該当のアイテム数を超えたら同期ができないようにしてほしい。

多数のアイテムを同期しているため、[同期中] [変更を処理しています] などのメッセージのまま、同期が中途半端な状態になると、PC 側とクラウド上のどちらのデータが最新かがわからなくなる。
    あいまいなままでは利用の際に困るので、アイテム数が制限事項に抵触した場合、明確に [アイテム数が多いために同期できない] などのエラー メッセージを表示させ、同期できないようにしてほしい。

Disable syncing in sync client if “number of items that can be synced” limit, which mentioned in Microsoft official, is exceeded.

While syncing multiple items simultaneously, we get confused either the latest data is on client or on cloud as syncing process is incomplete state with message stating “Syncing” and “Processing changes”.

For improvement of usability and manageability, disable syncing when sync item limit is exceeded, warn users with error message “sync item limit exceeded”.

Thank you for…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Easy-to-see added/deleted information at “Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges” page

■Title(件名):
    "Office 365 の URL と IP アドレスの範囲" に更新があった場合の表示について。
    Easy-to-see added/deleted information at “Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges” page

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft の公開情報 "Office 365 の URL と IP アドレスの範囲" に追加、更新が合った場合、"最終更新日" は確認できるが、どの項目が削除、追加されたのか分かりにくい。
    追加、削除された内容の詳細を、更新があった際に分かりやすく記載してほしい。

タイトル : Office 365 の URL と IP アドレスの範囲 | Microsoft Docs
    アドレス : https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges

At “Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges” page, I can easily see the last update date, but it is difficult to find which information was added or deleted.
    It would be great if the detail of added/deleted information will be more visible at the information page.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adjust the notification message generated when multiple files are moved or deleted.

Ability to adjust the message "Heads up! We noticed that you recently deleted a large number of files from a site". Also the ability to set a minimum number of files before the alert is triggered.

The message is causing confusion when users move files as they are get picked up as being deleted.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notify admins when a user’s OneDrive for Business storage reached the set storage limit

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の使用容量が設定値に達した場合に管理者に通知されるようにして欲しい

Notify admins when a user’s OneDrive for Business storage reached the set storage limit
    ■Description(内容):
    現時点の OneDrive for Business では、OneDrive for Business の使用容量が設定値に達した場合の通知が、OneDrive for Business を所有するユーザーにしか届かないため管理者で把握ができない。
    OneDrive for Business の使用容量が設定値に達した場合は、管理者にも通知されるようにして欲しい。

When users’ OneDrive for Business storage reaches the set storage limit, the notification will be sent to only users, not their admins. That makes it difficult for admins to manage users’ OneDrive for Business storage.

For improvement of manageability, please notify admins as well when a user’s OneDrive for Business storage reached the set storage limit.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please improve refund process for Service Incident

■Title(件名):
    サービス インシデント発生時の Microsoft 側の対応について
    Please improve refund process for Service Incident

■Description(内容):
    このたび、Office 365 サービス インシデント SP147197 の発生を確認いたしました。
    Microsoft の場合、サービス インシデントが発生した場合はユーザーが確認し、
    問い合わせないと返金処理が行われない。
    他社のクラウド サービスの場合はインシデントの発生時、ユーザーに直接連絡が来て返金対応を行ってくれるが、Microsoft ではそのようなシステムがないため、サービス インシデント発生時に Microsoft 側で返金処理を自動で行ってくれるようにしてほしい。

Our tenant was affected by the Office 365 Service Incident SP147197.

For Microsoft product, users have to create inquiry to be refund when service incident is happened, even though other cloud services contact customer directly and proceed the process for refund.

For improvement of usability, whenever service incident is occurred we would like to see the repayment process triggered by Microsoft, not with refund claim by affected…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to prohibit certain classes of users from sharing with all users.

For a given class of users we need the ability to block the "share with everyone" feature.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Global Administrator Audit

The Ability to Audit Global Administrators when accessing users OneDrives via the "Get Access to Files" Option.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Folder and File share access - restrict via IP Address

We would like to assign share access to Folders and Files to specific users that are connecting from specific IP addresses. This can already be done as a whole within sharepoint but this prevents access to other areas of the system.

We have confidential information that we would like staff to view that can be viewed only from the Company's external IP Address.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. known folder move manage in admin centre

add ability to turn on KFM for users from the admin centre or by policy as opposed to having to use group policy - allow to push KFM for non domain joined PC's

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disable external OneDrive sharing per user

Disable external OneDrive sharing per user

When users leave our company, we want to disable external sharing on that user only. In the O365 Admin console there is an option for this. However, the setting is overwritten by the tenant settings.
    We need more granular control on external sharing

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Limit or disable versioning based on file type

We would like to use OneDrive to allow users to backup their local PST files from their workstation. We don't want users to import these large files into their OST file in Outlook so it is more of an archive solution.

The issue is that if users connect their PST file to Outlook it starts creating versions. We can block sync of PST files but that is not the desired behaviour.

It would be nice if we could limit or disable versioning based on file types at an admin level.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatic Site/Group Joining

Need a way for admins to automatically assign SharePoint / Group Document Libraries to sync to user OneDrive Clients. These are often used to replace old "Network Shares"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Encrypt on local hard drive

As a organization we’d like the ability to have the whole local OneDrive for Business folder encrypted, so that even if another administrator logs on, they wouldn’t be able to access the data. We can enable bitlocker for the hard drive but we cannot prevent the scenario with local admins, as they can just take ownership of the user profile folder.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A businessplan for one user and at least 5 TB of storage

Small datadriven businesses still often need more than 1 TB of storage, but it is not viable to pay for 5 userlicenses.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Manager Access on Disable instead of Delete of AAD Account

We would like the option to grant the manager access to a OneDrive when a user account is disabled (Sign-In Blocked) rather than deleted. We leave accounts disabled for 30 days so we need to manually grant access to managers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve alert policies with URLs for OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):

OneDrive for Business の通知ポリシーについて
    Improve alert policies with URLs for OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    セキュリティ/コンプライアンス センターの通知ポリシーについて、OneDrive for Business の URL を指定してポリシーを作成しても、通知がされないため、改善を希望。
    もしくは、ユーザーが SharePoint Online の共有をした際には通知がされず、OneDrive for Business の共有を実施した際のみ通知がされる機能の提供を希望。

We are not able to receive alerts for OneDrive for Business when we set the alert policies with specifying URLs in the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center. So please fix the behavior of alert policies for One Drive for Business.

If it is difficult to fix it, I hope that we have the alert policies to notify us only when users shared items or site at…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sync setting and advanced notifications for OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の同期設定について
    Sync setting and advanced notifications for OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の同期をしばらく停止した状態で、再度同期の設定を行う場合、別端末などで行った最新のデータとCドライブに残っているデータが大きく異なる場合、同期設定を行った際にアラートが上がる機能の搭載を希望します。

We would like to have notification if we sync OneDrive for Business with following situation:

・When we resync OneDrive for Business after long-time sync suspension.
    ・When the latest data in OneDrive for Business have a big differ from C drive data which is in different computer from the one synced recently.

Thank you for your consideration.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow us to change the default setting for opening items with “Read Only” for the entire tenant

■Title(件名):
    Office Online で編集する際に、既定で "読み取り専用" で開くよう、テナント全体で管理したい。
    Allow us to change the default setting for opening items with “Read Only” for the entire tenant

■Description(内容):
    現在 OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムを Office Online で表示した際に、既定で "編集" モードで開くようになっている。
    ユーザーが任意で "読み取り専用" で開くよう設定を変えることは可能だが、テナント全体の設定で一括で変更できる機能の実装をお願いします。

I would like to see the feature to change the default setting for opening files at OneDrive for Business from “Edit” mode to “Read Only” in bulk for entire tenant.

In current setting, when we open items which is in OneDrive for Business at Office Online, it will open as “Edit” mode and users allowed only to change the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Feedback and Knowledge Base