OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve OneDrive's security, policy and administration experiences??

Option to password-protect folders in Onedrive for added security

password protection

3,137 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sheldon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

202 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Colin Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is on the verge of being a deal breaker for my company. In the next tech meeting I'll be advocating that we unilaterally move away from OneDrive until this feature is added.

• Brian Droze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The response of "We're looking at it" is from 2017 it is now 2019 and almost 2 years since. What is the status?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely something that should be done as it will add additional security to protect people's documents.

• Cdog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also cannot believe in this day in age this is not available. It seems negligent in this age of cybercrime.

i want to protect my folders in one drive using password like windows encryption

We would like this option added. This would help keep our documents secure in case a device is compromised.

4 years later and we still want this ... new to OneDrive and can't believe it's not an option!!

• Robert Lender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft/Douglas Pearce ,

Your OneDrive UserVoice intro states "While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes."

Given that the only response I can find was "Thanks for the suggestion. We're looking at it" and this was over 2 years ago, I can only presume that your intro statement is only meant to pacify your users (might I remind you that these users are also responsible for you having a job and we can go elsewhere - if many have not already done so), especially given the tepid "response" by Microsoft to this suggestion.

This suggestion appears to have FAR AND AWAY the most votes of any suggestion on this forum, yet it appears that all of us who cared enough comment are essentially being ignored.

Remember, we cared enough to comment and (so far) stay. Imagine how many users simply realized this feature did not exist and just stopped using the service for a competitor's product.

Your products are supposed to be designed for the users, NOT MS engineers. If the users cannot get the features we want, we will go elsewhere for them.

Just food for thought.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft (or Douglas Pearce), looks like you have been thinking since March 2017, for 2+ years, to add password to shared files in OneDrive. All other cloud storage sites provide this capability. When are you implementing this or do we need to switch to who provides that capability?

• first khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft (or Douglas Pearce), looks like you have been thinking since March 2017, for 2+ years, to add password to shared files in OneDrive. All other cloud storage sites provide this capability. When are you implementing this or do we need to switch to who provides that capability?

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to password protect folders. In my business i want my people to have access to the one drive folder with some exceptions to certain folders. It's a real bummer that you don't have this feature.

• Pablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Until now the most direct way is to use www.Attach2cloud.com that is a way to zip-password protect attachments that will be uploaded to OneDrive for Business.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base