OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve OneDrive's security, policy and administration experiences??

Option to password-protect folders in Onedrive for added security

password protection

2,895 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sheldon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Wes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until today I just assumed this existed. I can't believe it doesn't? We definitely need it

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have no intention of doing this,do you? Been thinking about it for almost two years

Second Comment; business reasons require signing in under a different sign-in option on opening the computer, and when so doing, should require different password access to OneDrive.

I and others use the same shared 4 computers, usually, but not always, signing in as different users. Especially when guests are using any of the computers a password level of separation is desirable for some drives and for such utilities as OneDrive

• Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add my support too: please give us the abilty to password protect folders in OneDrive. Thank you.

• Veronica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. This feature will make me feel safe to look away from my laptop for a few seconds if I'm using it in public. This feature is very important to me because I've had security breaches into my files by people that have been close to me and strangers. Please add this.

• Mike885 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, this is by far the most wanted OneDrive feature.
        We have to resort to 3rd party software to achieve this.

• E Dmitri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is needed otherwise if you open your laptop anyone can access your entire one drive if you leave it opened somewhere or someone swipes it in a bsy venue such as an airport or train station which can easily happen - or if you are distracted while working in an open space. You need security any time to log into One Drive (or multiple one drives if you have them) to be secure.

• E Dmitri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi yes this is absolutely necessary as when you open your laptop anyone can access the one drive by clicking on one drive. There is 0 security - it is akin to carrying a manula back up around without a password - if you lose it anyone can access your entire back up. So if you are in a rush in a airport for example and someone swiped a laptop whihc you have left open they can access not only your hard drive but your entire cloud. This is not axcceptabel for privacy or data protection for obvious reasons - you need to be able to have security step to actually open One drive - from any location

• Jag Firerwalker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not a question. With all the data breaches left, right and center, having another option to block specific folder from getting hacked is essential

• Ahmed Ayoub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nowadays everyone is vulnerable to be hacked , so this option will add another layer of protection and safety .

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base