OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve OneDrive's security, policy and administration experiences??

Option to password-protect folders in Onedrive for added security

password protection

2,751 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sheldon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

168 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jag Firerwalker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not a question. With all the data breaches left, right and center, having another option to block specific folder from getting hacked is essential

• Ahmed Ayoub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nowadays everyone is vulnerable to be hacked , so this option will add another layer of protection and safety .

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is there no response to 160 comments since a one liner in March? That's really bad experience... Also - what's stopping this being implemented in business version??? The functionality is already there in personal??! This is so important with GDPR now - c'mon!!!

• Sanjeev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a valid idea, must get off. Even if I loose my laptop or give it for repair to IT Department, the person who gets it also gets the access to my one drive without any password and is able to delete or modify anything. This can be managed through pass word protected folders. The one drive access should not be kept open even on the laptop where basic work is getting done.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plenty of people want it, would be very useful, to keep evrything in the one spot, thats the idea of the program isn't it?

• Nate Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's extremely useful to be able to add another password step to protect a folder that is in one drive. Often I use One Drive as my primary location to store my documents. If someone happens to get access to my computer while logged into One Drive they can easily copy all my files including the most sensitive. I would like a way to add a password to access a folder within one drive.

• Bob Wilkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you really taken 4 years to do absolutely nothing about implementing this crucial feature? I'm not angry, .....

Someone should be fired.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need encryption at rest for Onedrive personal too. Thats even more important!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base