OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Onedrive for Business アクセス制御設定について

指定した端末のみ、対象の OneDrive 領域にアクセスが可能な機能を希望します。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow syncing only on computers joined to a local workgroup

Allow only syncing on PC's connected to an Azure domain. The setting is in OneDrive Admin but it only works for local AD domains. It doesn't say that so it is very confusing but I found an article on that from a third party and Microsoft agreed it was true. Allow only syncing on PC's connected to an Azure domain.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Problem with subscription

Hello.
    I have a problem. I have 15GB in the cloud for free + 4GB invitation bonus + 15GB camera album. In the amount of 34GB.
    But when I buy a 100GB subscription, I get 119GB. 15GB free fade out. It turns out that I pay for 85GB. Solve the problem

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. if I don't have a moblie phone what do I do

does anyone have an idea how to retrieve my stuff of OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Optimizing the Order of File Transfer

Optimizing the Order of File Transfer
    Arrange the order of files according to the requirements.
    First download or upload the latest files, then download or upload the old files, and finally process the deleted files.
    This will prevent the current amendments and new documents from being processed in a timely manner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Litigation Hold on Account - Don't need a license to keep OneDrive Info

Currently, if someone in our company gets put on a Litigation hold, and they want us to keep their OneDrive for Business files, we would like to not have it eat up a license to keep the files. This is similar to how Mail acts the same way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add local network/LAN sync so that my OneDrive Syncing PCs on my local network don't need to round trip to the cloud to share updates

Allow OneDrive to be aware of other machines on the local network and sync changes directly between them to save the round trip to the cloud for every change

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 6TB per one person and one person only. Best be in the very near future

Let me know when you allow one person to utilize all of the 6TB at once, then I'll consider signing up. In the meantime, 1TB per person, out of 6TB, is ludicrous!

We sent people to the Moon! How is this not possible?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pricing range, cheaper and more variety

Adding variety of pricing for One Drive. For now the OneDrive pricing is way too high for Indonesian market. Google taking away the market with cheaper option, let's say, 50gb on OneDrive is 31k IDR, where 100gb google drive is 25k IDR per month, with only 249k per year. the office bundling is just not everyone use, even I know it's way powerful then Google offer, but the Android and iOS version is way behind the desktop version, and way less capable than the Google Docs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. deleted file

Allow deleted files to be kept for 1year, up from standard 30days, for additional charge

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive mobile client support for Azure Information Protection (AIP) protected documents

Currently when you attempt to view an AIP protected document in the iOS mobile client (presuming its the same for Android clients), the document fails to show and OneDrive shows a message stating:

"The file can't be displayed. Make sure that you're connected to a WiFi or mobile network".

The user then has to have the Word (or other Office app) client installed on their mobile device and then click on the Word icon to access the document.

My suggestion/request is that the mobile client should be AIP label and policy aware and able to open the document preview, just…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Exclude folders from removal monitoring

I have couple of OneDrive folders used for sync between devices. After sync complete, I get the alert of "multiply files removed", and it can be annoying. How about to mark the folder to exclude it from file removal monitoring?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sync SharePoint sync settings

It appears that when you sync a SharePoint online library the folders you sync are only applied to that computer.

If you log in to a second (or new) computer you have to replicate every sync manually. This could take forever to replicate if you are syncing a large number of sites/libraries.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add an "Employee Terminated" Field to AD and Microsoft O365 Accounts

This request would have a big impact on both Exchange administration and OneDrive administration. Historically there has not been an avenue within AD to mark an account as terminated, other than maybe changing the account description field or utilizing the Exchange Custom Attributes. So you have an employee that leaves, maybe make the description change, and disable the account. You might grant the manager access to the former employee's mailbox for a period of time, and eventually delete the user account. In prior versions of SharePoint, a disabled account might trigger the Mysite deletion process which in O365 has become…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Centrally manage / easier Sharepoint syncing

I find that trying to train users on syncing Sharepoint has been EXTREMELY challenging, more so than creating apps, configuring Sharepoint or even landing men on the moon for some reason... It would be handy to have a console where I can say right that bunch of users, matter what Device they are on (as long as it is Windows 10), they get these libraries synced. I have generally always got 1 site that everyone accesses (or the vast majority) and it would be good to just tick a box and whenever a new laptop is added, as soon as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disable versions and set a version limit.

Disable versions and set a version limit.

• Set a global option that allows you to disable the versions or limit the maximum number of them, for example: 0, 3, 7 versions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. free

Add a free subscription (5gb) to the Office 365 admin portal. Otherwise, you are forcing us to purchase one drive in order to use it with a work email account. This should be illegal. If we did not have an office 365 portal setup then we would otherwise be able to sign up for the free one drive account using our internal email addresses. Just add the free one drive subscription to the portal or fix this. When I try to view my products and licenses and work with one drive products in the portal it says "one drive is…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a personnel vault integrated password manager

Everybody uses 3rd party password managers and now with personnel vault, one-drive it self can add a password manager making us dependent on one less 3rd party app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Free personal storage for work office 365 users

I have a office 365 premium account from work. Till now I had 100Gb of free (Samsung promotion) in my personal onedrive. Now I have no way to buy 100Gb of personal storage or set aside 100Gb of personal storage in my work account. Microsoft - please resolve this issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories