OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve OneDrive's security, policy and administration experiences??

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. OneDrive for Business: Revise the "Access Files" feature in the Microsoft 365 admin center

Currently, admins with the SharePoint administrator role can easily access the personal OneDrive for Business library of other users in the same tenant following the steps described below:

- Search for the user in the Microsoft 365 admin center
    - Click on "OneDrive Settings"
    - Click on "Access files"

Subsequently, the admin performing these steps is added as site collection admin to the OneDrive for Business site collection of the user.

While we trust each other within our team, this feature might be a huge concern to other people in the company. In addition, users might lose trust in Office…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add a reporting feature that shows files that have been accessed by a provide link including where the user came from, browser, etc.

Please add a reporting feature that shows which files have been accessed by a provided link including where the user came from, browser, etc. report should look very similar to google analytics information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change directory to be features!

Change directory to be features!
    In OneDrive, bring the directory replacement options in the settings menu.

Sample: C:\OneDrive change D:\OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. autosave

enable autosave on one drive for business

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase Storage Limit After Each Subscription Renovation

It would be great to have our storage limit increased with each subscription renovation, maybe 30 ~ 50% per year?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I received a email that informing that my onedrive account will be deleted on next tuesday!

Whether the sending email is from official“Microsoft OneDrive Account Management <microsoft@account-maintenance.com>”?

How do we secure ours account?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sign out from all sessions

I would like to be able to log out my OneDrive account from other devices. This is a security measure that other suppliers been having for a long time and you should to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The management of devices that is able to sync or even log in

I sometimes forget to log out the onedrive at other computers. Is there any way to log out it remotely? It will be great if the devices can be managed. User can manage which device can sync and which can not. And even force them to log out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OneDrive Personal - Encryption at rest

Virtually all other cloud storage providers offer encryption at rest and OneDrive for Business does too. There seems no reason why OneDrive Personal users shouldn't also be afforded the exact same level of security, especially those of us paying a subscription for the service. Perhaps it could be made an additional benefit of an Office 365 subscription if the desire is not there to offer it to free users. However, with Microsoft's resources and apparent desire to champion security of user data, encryption at rest for OneDrive Personal feels a bizarre missing piece to the puzzle.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Litigation Hold on Account - Don't need a license to keep OneDrive Info

Currently, if someone in our company gets put on a Litigation hold, and they want us to keep their OneDrive for Business files, we would like to not have it eat up a license to keep the files. This is similar to how Mail acts the same way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add local network/LAN sync so that my OneDrive Syncing PCs on my local network don't need to round trip to the cloud to share updates

Allow OneDrive to be aware of other machines on the local network and sync changes directly between them to save the round trip to the cloud for every change

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add partial file sync/file diff sync

My Lightroom Catalog is very large, 1GB+, and every time I open and close Lightroom, even if I don't actually change anything, the entire catalog file resyncs to OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pricing range, cheaper and more variety

Adding variety of pricing for One Drive. For now the OneDrive pricing is way too high for Indonesian market. Google taking away the market with cheaper option, let's say, 50gb on OneDrive is 31k IDR, where 100gb google drive is 25k IDR per month, with only 249k per year. the office bundling is just not everyone use, even I know it's way powerful then Google offer, but the Android and iOS version is way behind the desktop version, and way less capable than the Google Docs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive mobile client support for Azure Information Protection (AIP) protected documents

Currently when you attempt to view an AIP protected document in the iOS mobile client (presuming its the same for Android clients), the document fails to show and OneDrive shows a message stating:

"The file can't be displayed. Make sure that you're connected to a WiFi or mobile network".

The user then has to have the Word (or other Office app) client installed on their mobile device and then click on the Word icon to access the document.

My suggestion/request is that the mobile client should be AIP label and policy aware and able to open the document preview, just…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add an "Employee Terminated" Field to AD and Microsoft O365 Accounts

This request would have a big impact on both Exchange administration and OneDrive administration. Historically there has not been an avenue within AD to mark an account as terminated, other than maybe changing the account description field or utilizing the Exchange Custom Attributes. So you have an employee that leaves, maybe make the description change, and disable the account. You might grant the manager access to the former employee's mailbox for a period of time, and eventually delete the user account. In prior versions of SharePoint, a disabled account might trigger the Mysite deletion process which in O365 has become…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Azure report from OneDrive

We have company secrets in drawing files. I need a report from Azure to show all users with a certain file extension in their OneDrive. I would like the filename, file extension, date added to OneDrive. Also a option to email this report from the console.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Centrally manage / easier Sharepoint syncing

I find that trying to train users on syncing Sharepoint has been EXTREMELY challenging, more so than creating apps, configuring Sharepoint or even landing men on the moon for some reason... It would be handy to have a console where I can say right that bunch of users, matter what Device they are on (as long as it is Windows 10), they get these libraries synced. I have generally always got 1 site that everyone accesses (or the vast majority) and it would be good to just tick a box and whenever a new laptop is added, as soon as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Free personal storage for work office 365 users

I have a office 365 premium account from work. Till now I had 100Gb of free (Samsung promotion) in my personal onedrive. Now I have no way to buy 100Gb of personal storage or set aside 100Gb of personal storage in my work account. Microsoft - please resolve this issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Combining OneDrive storage for Home 365 subscription

Combining OneDrive storage for Home 365. 6 subscriptions of 1TB each should be able to be pooled into 1 subscription of 6TB (or other variations of 6 subs & 6TB).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Feedback and Knowledge Base