OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Please remove the folder / files path by sharing of files or folders

Hi, when I wish to share a file a folder, via Link, the other person who open my shared folder can see the whole path of my folders structure. See here the example https://take.ms/FJdda

Same with Links, all folders direcotry is written in the text of the URL Link, see here: https://take.ms/BlzuX

Thats a big BUG / Trouble, for everyone who needs to share only some folders or files, without any other information.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change behavior where if the Office Online tile is hidden it becomes impossible to use

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    タイルの非表示化設定をすると Office Online が使用できなくなる事象を改善してほしい。
    Change behavior where if the Office Online tile is hidden it becomes impossible to use

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online と Office Online のライセンスが付与されていても、SharePoint 管理センターの "OneDrive と Office Online"のタイルを非表示化した場合、Office Online の URL にアクセスすると 「ライセンスがありません」とエラーになる。
    一部ユーザーのみで Office Online を使用したいため、タイルを表示せずに Office Online を使用できるようにしてほしい。
    Even if licenses for SharePoint Online and Office Online are correctly assigned, if the “OneDrive and Office Online” tile is set to be hidden via the SharePoint Admin Center, attempting to access the Office Online URL results in a “No license” error.
    I want to have only certain users use Office Online, so…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Global Administrator Audit

The Ability to Audit Global Administrators when accessing users OneDrives via the "Get Access to Files" Option.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Checking the view time of video files

■Title(件名):
    動画ファイルの閲覧時間の確認について
    Checking the view time of video files

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上の動画ファイルを共有相手のユーザーがどのくらいの時間閲覧していたか確認できる機能を提供してほしい。

We would like a way to check how long users have watched a video for on OneDrive for Business.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. admin settings to change default document open behavior

SharePoint has setting to change the default behavioor on document open.

Admin can choose to open in online apps or desktop apps, at the collection level, and per document library.

OneDrive lacks such controls in the modern interface.
    Global Admin does not have an option to choose the default open behavior.
    Individual users do not have a modern interface for that. Users have to go to Classic Settings and find the option 5 or 6 clicks deep to change it, which is not user friendly.

Proposed settings:

OneDrive Global Admin:

Default behavior choices:
    Open in online apps
    Open in desktop…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let us use alternate libraries from the default "Documents"

Inside Onedrive for Business, we are currently able to go to "Site Contents" and add additional libraries, which currently works for integrations with other products such as Dynamics 365, however we have been told that alternate libraries inside OneDrive are being deprecated and will no longer be supported.
    This decision to deprecate alternate libraries should be reversed for several reasons including the fact that it contradicts the existing limitations on the number of items that can exist in a single library.
    Let us continue using alternate libraries inside OneDrive for Business, as we need this to continue being supported going…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 从电脑上删除文件夹同步优化

当我在我的电脑上删除了一个文件夹,然后去回收站看的时候是一个文件一个文件删除的,如果我文件夹下面文件过多,这将对我整理回收站/或者从回收站恢复文件是很不友好的。

希望可以和网页端一样,删除文件夹之后,回收站里面只是一个文件夹。这将会更友好

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The ability to Delete Folders that aren't empty.

By default you cannot delete folders in One Drive that aren't empty. This can be a huge pain especially when a user accidentally syncs a folder that should have been excluded (eg. 'C:\Users\UserName\Documents\MobaXTerm\ '). In order to delete the folder, I have to use a PowerShell script that recursively removes all of the sub-files and sub-folders (see attached).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add Unlimited Personal Vault features on a Storage Only package because we already bought MS Office (Not 365).

Some people such as me, want to upgrade to get a personal vault feature, but we cannot buy 356 personal packages because we already have the Office app.

I want to buy an OneDrive storage solution only (Maybe 1TB that's okay) but please include the personal vault without Office.
    I bet that will be attracting more customer from other cloud solutions like Google Drive or Dropbox.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disable "People in {Tenant Name} with the link"

Allow organization admins to disable "People in {Tenant Name} with the link" sharing.

In order to help maintain inter-departmental access controls it would be helpful to disable this link. This would be similar to the ability to disable "Anyone with the link" that currently exists.

It is not uncommon for customer to Share Folders and inadvertently exposing content that is controlled through other RBAC methods. These links break those control models and impact OneDrive adoption.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide users additional details of OneDrive for Business error message

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のプロビジョニングが完了していない場合の動作について
    Provide users additional details of OneDrive for Business error message

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の領域が作成されていない、または作成が禁止されている場合以下のエラーが表示される。
    エラー:OneDrive はこのユーザーに対してプロビジョニングされていません
    "プロビジョニングされていません" のみではOneDrive for Business がどのような状況であるか分かりにくい。
    上述のエラー メッセージが表示された場合に、OneDrive for Business の領域が作成されていないことがわかるメッセージと、対処方法について詳細を表示してほしい。

We see the below message when the space for OneDrive for Business is not created, or OneDrive creation is disable.

Error: OneDrive Is Not Provisioned for this User.

“Is Not Provisioned” is not user-friendly error message to understand details of situations, so that we would like you to display the additional message telling users the space is not created and how to handle this situation…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic Site/Group Joining

Need a way for admins to automatically assign SharePoint / Group Document Libraries to sync to user OneDrive Clients. These are often used to replace old "Network Shares"

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Prevent Download - Shared files - eg: .m4a files

The option to prevent download of shared files only works on a select few file formats. If i upload an m4a file to onedrive and set it so no one can download it, users are still able to download the file.

Google Drive have got it right - files that cannot be played in the browser cannot be downloaded to the user's device.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive Notification when Freezing for Inactivity

Hi,

It would be nice to receive a notification when you are about to freeze my OneDrive account for inactivity. Moreover, I was using it. The app is installed on my phone and my laptop. I have files stored, that I some times look at. I suspect you consider me inactive just because I did not change the contents of the folder, but that doesn't mean I am not using it.

I was reinstalling my OS, and when I tried to login to the OneDrive app, it said I have to go to the website. The website told me that…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Storage limits per user

From OneDrive admin center i can set a different storage limit for each user, as for now, i can adjust the storage limit for all users in the organization :)

It can be done for each Department as well ( which is for each Team group).

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Easy-to-see added/deleted information at “Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges” page

■Title(件名):
    "Office 365 の URL と IP アドレスの範囲" に更新があった場合の表示について。
    Easy-to-see added/deleted information at “Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges” page

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft の公開情報 "Office 365 の URL と IP アドレスの範囲" に追加、更新が合った場合、"最終更新日" は確認できるが、どの項目が削除、追加されたのか分かりにくい。
    追加、削除された内容の詳細を、更新があった際に分かりやすく記載してほしい。

タイトル : Office 365 の URL と IP アドレスの範囲 | Microsoft Docs
    アドレス : https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges

At “Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges” page, I can easily see the last update date, but it is difficult to find which information was added or deleted.
    It would be great if the detail of added/deleted information will be more visible at the information page.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to prohibit certain classes of users from sharing with all users.

For a given class of users we need the ability to block the "share with everyone" feature.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow to change wording and tenant "xxxxxxx's OneDrive for Business contents will be preserved for 30 days"

allow to change Content and From Tenant for retention of onedrive for business

From: no-reply@sharepointonline.com <no-reply@sharepointonline.com>

Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 4:23 AM

To: xxxx xxxxx <xxxxx@tenant.com>

Subject: xxxxxxx's OneDrive for Business contents will be preserved for 30 days

xxxxxxx's account has been deleted from the Active Directory. Their OneDrive for Business will be preserved for 30 days. You're the temporary owner of all documents saved to their OneDrive for Business. If you would like to save content beyond the 30 day retention period, you can copy important documents to another location. You can also contact…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change to the default setting of “Prevent downloads” when sharing files

■Title(件名):
    ファイル共有時の [ダウンロードを禁止する] 項目の既定値を変更したい
    Change to the default setting of “Prevent downloads” when sharing files

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 内のファイルを共有する際の "リンクの設定" 画面にある [ダウンロードを禁止する] 項目の既定値をオンにしたい。
    誤ってダウンロードを許可したファイルの共有リンクを発行しないようにするため、既定値を変更する機能の実装を要望します。
    When sharing files within OneDrive for Business, I would like the default setting for “Prevent downloads” to be “On” on the link settings screen.
    This is in order to prevent users accidentally sharing links that allow the download of files.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display of contact cards

■Title(件名):
    連絡先カードの表示について
    Display of contact cards

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 内のファイルを複数のユーザーに共有している場合、ファイルのアクティビティよりユーザー間で連絡先カードの情報が確認できる。
    ユーザー間で連絡先カードのアドレスや、組織情報を確認できないようにする機能の追加を希望します。

When a file on OneDrive for Business is being shared with several users, it is possible to see the contact card information for those users from the file activity.
    Please add a way to prevent information on contact cards such as mail addresses and company information being made visible to other users in this way.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base