OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. OneDrive for Business: Revise the "Access Files" feature in the Microsoft 365 admin center

Currently, admins with the SharePoint administrator role can easily access the personal OneDrive for Business library of other users in the same tenant following the steps described below:

- Search for the user in the Microsoft 365 admin center
    - Click on "OneDrive Settings"
    - Click on "Access files"

Subsequently, the admin performing these steps is added as site collection admin to the OneDrive for Business site collection of the user.

While we trust each other within our team, this feature might be a huge concern to other people in the company. In addition, users might lose trust in Office…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add a reporting feature that shows files that have been accessed by a provide link including where the user came from, browser, etc.

Please add a reporting feature that shows which files have been accessed by a provided link including where the user came from, browser, etc. report should look very similar to google analytics information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change directory to be features!

Change directory to be features!
    In OneDrive, bring the directory replacement options in the settings menu.

Sample: C:\OneDrive change D:\OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. autosave

enable autosave on one drive for business

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Storage allocation on Folder Level

Hello All,

How about having the folder level storage allocation in SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business / OneDrive Personal.
    Let me try and explain my requirement I am a professional photographer I use OneDrive for sharing my Photographs with my clients with "view only" permission I also share my OneDrive with my Team (with Edit / Full Control Permission) so that they can upload the pics from the location since my team has the "Edit / Full Control" they can upload as many pics they want so basically I want to have better control with regards to the storage…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. manager

Change the OneDrive retention and deletion process..
    OneDrive deletion process should be disabled by default. -> "If a manager is specified for the deleted account, the manager will receive an email telling them they have access to the OneDrive, and that the OneDrive will be deleted at the end of the retention period."
    The manager field is in Active Directory, on users objects.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/retention-and-deletion

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding a feature not to sync files distinguished and protected by DLP (Data Loss Prevention) system

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名): 
    DLP で機密情報が含まれていると判定されたファイルの同期を禁止する機能を搭載してほしい

Adding a feature not to sync files distinguished and protected by DLP (Data Loss Prevention) system

■Description(内容): DLP の機能で機密情報が含まれていることを検知されたファイルについて、ローカルと同期されて端末に保存され、情報が流出してしまう事態を心配しています。セキュリティの面で懸念を残すため、機密情報が含まれているファイルの同期を禁止する機能の実現を要望します。

It is afraid that syncing of files distinguished and protected by DLP system with local devices will occur serious leakage of personal or internal information. In accord with ominous repercussions, we hope that this needed feature will improve manageability of safe control and promote operational efficiency with bounding tighter security.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increase Storage Limit After Each Subscription Renovation

It would be great to have our storage limit increased with each subscription renovation, maybe 30 ~ 50% per year?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to fully ignore symlinks (symbolic links)

I would normally upload source code for various projects to synchronize between my desktop and laptop however there are plenty of vendor packages which are redundant that can be symlinked and/or updated via the Internet.

Having an option to ignore symlinked directories within onedrive would solve this issue quite easily at near zero development cost on your end. The only gotcha is synching this option between all logged in onedrive instances.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I received a email that informing that my onedrive account will be deleted on next tuesday!

Whether the sending email is from official“Microsoft OneDrive Account Management <microsoft@account-maintenance.com>”?

How do we secure ours account?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 增加同步时间频率功能

建议增加同步频率功能(如每隔n个小时同步一次),不要实时同步。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Eliminate Security Issues Created by Incompatible Storage Features

File management has been a nightmare for years and OneDrive is making things more complicated by adding to the number of extra steps we have to take in order to have a somewhat consistent experience. Here are just a few problems:

Storing your files on an NTFS drive lets you encrypt, compress, view zip file as regular folder, set permissions, file history, use bitlocker, file tagging, customize data shown in columns, file attributes, using time stamps for various automated or auditing purposes, LAN sharing over SMB 2/3, and offline caching. All of these features can often be put to good…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The management of devices that is able to sync or even log in

I sometimes forget to log out the onedrive at other computers. Is there any way to log out it remotely? It will be great if the devices can be managed. User can manage which device can sync and which can not. And even force them to log out.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow syncing only on computers joined to a local workgroup

Allow only syncing on PC's connected to an Azure domain. The setting is in OneDrive Admin but it only works for local AD domains. It doesn't say that so it is very confusing but I found an article on that from a third party and Microsoft agreed it was true. Allow only syncing on PC's connected to an Azure domain.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Getting list of all site collection admins for OneDrive

Currently, there no way to fetch a list of all site collection admins of all OneDrive account. The only way to check it is by going to Admin Portal and checking it for each and every user.

PowerShell (Set-SPOUser) allows to add new site collection admins to SharePoint sites and OneDrive. However, Get-SPOUser doesn't get the site collection admins unless the admin account is already site collection admin on the OneDrive.

It would be great to have some way for admins to fetch a list of all site collection admins either using script or GUI.

Thank you.
    BB

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Optimizing the Order of File Transfer

Optimizing the Order of File Transfer
    Arrange the order of files according to the requirements.
    First download or upload the latest files, then download or upload the old files, and finally process the deleted files.
    This will prevent the current amendments and new documents from being processed in a timely manner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Litigation Hold on Account - Don't need a license to keep OneDrive Info

Currently, if someone in our company gets put on a Litigation hold, and they want us to keep their OneDrive for Business files, we would like to not have it eat up a license to keep the files. This is similar to how Mail acts the same way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add local network/LAN sync so that my OneDrive Syncing PCs on my local network don't need to round trip to the cloud to share updates

Allow OneDrive to be aware of other machines on the local network and sync changes directly between them to save the round trip to the cloud for every change

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pricing range, cheaper and more variety

Adding variety of pricing for One Drive. For now the OneDrive pricing is way too high for Indonesian market. Google taking away the market with cheaper option, let's say, 50gb on OneDrive is 31k IDR, where 100gb google drive is 25k IDR per month, with only 249k per year. the office bundling is just not everyone use, even I know it's way powerful then Google offer, but the Android and iOS version is way behind the desktop version, and way less capable than the Google Docs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)