OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Password personal vault.

Can you add a personal vault for onedrive that works with password please?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a Flow trigger when an anonymous link is created

Create a trigger that could be used in approval workflows (MS Flow) whenever an anonymous link is created. Sharepoint/OneDrive severely lacks granularity in granting ability to create anonymous links; it's an all or nothing setting almost. Having a trigger that could be used in workflows would greatly help in maintaining awareness of when anonymous links were created in addition to providing the ability to build approval workflows.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Using OneDrive in MS 365 Enterprise

If I'll use my OneDrive account given to me by the company, will they be able to see everything that I will store there?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Office 365 business users to assign part of the 1 TB business Onedrive to their private Onedrive account.

I have 2 onedrive accounts: a business onedrive account and a private one. It should be possible to use part of my business 1 TB for my private account (I need about 100 GB private).

Because my PC has Office 365 already from my work subscription then Microsoft forces me to move my private cloud data to Google. I won't buy Office 365 a second time for my computer and no option to get or buy 100 GB for my privat outlook account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to audit/view who you have shared OneDrive files with as attachments in Outlook

When attaching a link to a OneDrive for Business document within Outlook there should be a way you can audit or view who you have shared the link/document with. for example i've sent links to many files in my OneDrive over the past year or so but i'd like to be able to see who i've shared what and with who

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow regular users to remove all previous versions of a file

I have a file that has previous versions that can be as many as thirty. How to reduce this to one?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Granting Limited Read Access to OneDrive

Need to be able to grant former employee's OneDrive to manager, but not with full access as site collection. Read only access to sharepoint onedrive does not appear to work. When manager logs in they see any empty file structure.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Moving data saved on OneDrive for Business to a 3rd party application

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business に保存しているデータのサードパーティー製アプリへの移動について
    Moving data saved on OneDrive for Business to a 3rd party application

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business に保存しているデータをサードパーティー製アプリへ移動する操作を制御する機能の実装を要望します。
    I would like functionality to be added to restrict the movement of data stored on OneDrive for Business to 3rd party applications.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Configure team site libraries to sync automatically

Please finalize the feature....it is important for enterprises that the users getting automounted libraries and not doing it self by clicking several steps...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. No Tool for unlocking OneDrive folder in case of motherboard failure

Onedrive was not online due to non availability of internet and user kept on storing data in onedrive folder installed on Windows laptop/desktop and motherboard has failed. Tried to connect hard drive to another laptop but could not access OneDrive folder. Other folders on same drive are accessible. Tried to sync with same O365 user id and password but in vain.
    It means Microsoft does not have a tool to restore the encrypted (protected) one drive folder. It has happened with 3 users in 2 months. Please provide tool for restoration in such cases (if the ticket is raised to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please do not make folder automatically on my OneDrive

Some apps including Windows apps, or OneDrive site as well, they often make folders in my OneDrive folder. I do not want that. And I do not understand why do they make folders even though I never granted any authority to them.

I have been reporting this issue for couple of years but you never listened. I know this is not a major issue, but you should fix this because this irritates not only me but the user who does not speak up while experiencing the problem, and they do not know how to say.

Simply put, do not make…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Office 365 Famility subscription - allow creating a Famility vault

For an Office365 Famility, allow to create a Famility Vault accessible to more than one person.

I would like my wife and me to have access to this shared vault. We have centralized all files within one One Drive Accout to ease management and shared this doc space.
    With this new vault , we plan to moved all sensible files to this vault. But cannot shared.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Selective Sync

Allow us to select folders to not sync within the Entire sync'd drive on devices we choose. Eg. I have a folder with a lot of tutorial videos on my laptop that I would like to share with my peers, but I do not want it to sync to my iPad because that would take up way too much space.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it possible to permanently delete larger file amounts

Due to GDPR regulations (or in other cases) it is sometimes a requirement to remove files from OneDrive permanently. This includes removal in recycle bin and second-level recycle bin as well.

Currently there is virtually NO way to do this for a large number or files in a complex folder structure due to the following limitations:

1.) Deleting the files themselves
    1.a) Webclient doesn't allow to delete folders without removing the contents first - an painstaking work with complex folder structures
    1.b) OneDriveSync goes completely fubar when one tries to delete a structure of several 100.000 files in a few…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a UPN is updated, support updating sharing links or redirecting the old links

When a UPN is updated, it also updates the URL to the users OneDrive for Business. Any sharing links for files in OneDrive for Business immediately break. Most other products (including the sync client) automatically fix themselves when this change takes place.

Please add a way for to somehow manage an update to these sharing links when the UPN is changed. This could be automatically updating them or implementing a redirect to anybody/product that tries to access OneDrive sharing links is automatically redirected to the new URL post UPN change.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatically delete downloaded files upon signing out from OneDrive app

I think it would be important for OneDrive team to enable automatic deletion of downloaded files upon signing out from OneDrive app.

First, the current OneDrive's approach may not be in line with EU General Data Protection Regulation (requiring data protection by design). Second, in this area, OneDrive can have a competitive disadvantage against Google Drive's File Stream app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. mfa

Enable silent instalation via intune with MF

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Quota by Group

OneDrive quotas by group. It would be great if we could create groups and set the quota for the group members based on that group. We have licensing by group in Azure so I would imagine a similar experience.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto Sync Mapped Drives to OneDrive

E.g. User has Home Drive which is Mapped.
    Allow GPO to synchronise all of Home Drive data to User’s OneDrive automatically. Files stored on server. So OneDrive can be installed on server for local files to be synced, but for all users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Password Protection on Folders

it is not that hard to protect specific folders with a passcode, other cloud storage providers let you do so

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories