OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Show all the accessible sites for each user on the “Sites” feature at OneDrive apps

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリの "サイト" 項目にフォロー中ではなくアクセス権限のあるすべてのサイトを表示して欲しい
    Show all the accessible sites for each user on the “Sites” feature at OneDrive apps

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint サイトの中にはアクセス頻度が低いサイトもあるため、すべてのサイトをフォローして OneDrive アプリの "サイト" に表示させるのは手間がかかる。
    また、チーム サイトはテナント内の全ユーザーがアクセスできるサイトでありながら手動でフォローが必要なため、OneDrive アプリの "サイト” 機能をフォローをして表示させる機能ではなく、サインインしているユーザーにアクセス権限のあるサイトの一覧を表示させる機能にして欲しい。

Currently, users need to follow each site to display it on the “Sites” feature at OneDrive apps, even though user’s frequency of access is very low for some of those sites.
    Also, in spite of all users allowed to access Team Site, users need to follow it manually.

Those behavior are time-consuming for users, so that we would like you to enable users seeing…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mi sugerencia es que el soporte de onedrive sea mucho mas efectivo y facil de acceder no tengo ni idea de como ni porque tengo onedrive

Porque y quien decidio que yo queria onedrive y si lo he de tener me gustaria tenerlo ajustado por mi , necesitamos un soporte de calidad en nuestro idioma, y poder decidir todo lo que ocurre con nuestros archivos, fotos etc. No entiendo un monton de cosas sobre como funciona y si es de utilidad ,deberian dar soporte a nivel basico con todos los detalles de que pasara si decido cogerlo con mis archivos ahi deposotados. Ahora mismo he tenido un problema en mi portatil debido a mi ignorancia. Al borrar carpetas de onedrive han dejado de verse en mi…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mi sugerencia es que el soporte de onedrive sea mucho mas efectivo y facil de acceder no tengo ni idea de como ni porque tengo onedrive

Porque y quien decidio que yo queria onedrive y si lo he de tener me gustaria tenerlo ajustado por mi , necesitamos un soporte de calidad en nuestro idioma, y poder decidir todo lo que ocurre con nuestros archivos, fotos etc. No entiendo un monton de cosas sobre como funciona y si es de utilidad ,deberian dar soporte a nivel basico con todos los detalles de que pasara si decido cogerlo con mis archivos ahi deposotados. Ahora mismo he tenido un problema en mi portatil debido a mi ignorancia. Al borrar carpetas de onedrive han dejado de verse en mi…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Path of file in info

Searching a file via common specifications (e.g.: Rome municipality, conifers, article1.pdf) can gives various proposed file, but do not offer (at least in the info) the path of the file: they make it cumbersome to discern between multiple editions of the file, different topics and folders (shared or not), and in general recognize at a glance the exact location (in my case factor of productivity) become a complicated task.
    So please Just add those infos where it's supposed to find their.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable another option to blocking syncing file using file names

Please add blocking syncing of specific file by file names aswell not only file types,
    Please this Feature to be reviewed and hopefully added, as i believe its a very smart idea to have file blocked by names aswell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Me habian enviado notificaciones q cerrarian mi cuenta, antes de esto la han inmovilizado,luego si quiero hacer algo al respecto, no puedo!.

Me habian enviado notificaciones q cerrarían mi cuenta, antes de esto la han inmovilizado,luego si quiero hacer algo al respecto, no puedo!.Me habían enviado notificaciones q cerrarian mi cuenta en agosto, Justo 15 dias antes de esto la han inmovilizado, luego si quiero tomar acciones al respecto, no puedo!.. no tuve el tiempo antes y sin avisar la bloquean. Agradecería que fuera menos complicado y la desbloquearan pronto para poder hacer los ajustes.
    Un saludo

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Folder exclusion in SharePoint MIgration tool

I am using Microsoft SharePoint migration tool for migrating contents from FIle Server to each user OneDrive. Tool seems to working perfect.

During the migration I realized there should be option to exclude the specific folder. For example In my case most of the users has "BackUp" which we do not want to migrate to OneDrive.

Is this new feature possible in next version of SharePoint Migration tool?

Avian

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive for Business: Enable functionality to deny execution instead of just blocking sync of file types.

Blocking files has rendered how I use OneDrive (allows me access to various tools from machine to machine) useless as my company has blocked .reg, bat. cmd, exe, etc, etc because they have no ability to deny execution like we have on our internal files servers. Allow OneDrive admins to set deny execution instead of wholesale blocking of file types.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Regarding access by external users

■Title(件名):
    外部ユーザーのアクセスについて
    Regarding access by external users
    ■Description(内容):
    外部ユーザーのアクセス履歴を把握するために、外部ユーザーがアクセスした際、どのユーザーが、どのフォルダーにアクセスしたのか、管理者に自動的に通知を送信する機能の実装を要望します。
    In order to track the access history of external users, we would like to implement a function that automatically sends a notification to the administrator as to which external user has accessed which folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cloud for security camera

Do a backup like a NAS on onedrive for Xiaomi Mi Home Security Camera 360° or another caméra.

You are already partner with Xiaomi for ia on smartphone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add owner UPN column to OneDrive for Business usage report

Currently only the owner display name and url of the user's OneDrive site is available in the OneDrive usage report. I use this report to then tie the information in to data that we have only in our internal reporting systems to gain insight into how OneDrive is being used, where it is being underused, and how users are sharing files. There is a script that can get the UPN from the url of the OneDrive site but there are hundreds of sites where the url's listed in the report end in .com1 and there are no emails in our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Multiple PC's using same One Drive

When one drive is mapped to multiple PC's (this is the need of using cloud drive) when there are changes made on one PC and when accessing from another PC, One drive is unable to sync the changes and says there is a file or folder by the same name and stops sync - The error message says rename the folder - instead this can be automated with renaming the folder with PC name and the user can choose which to retain. Today the basic use of one drive is not usable due to the conflict error message which then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide us the information of IP addresses which are used on the services

■Title(件名):

SharePoint Online や OneDrive for Business で利用する IP アドレスの変更予定と、インターバル期間を確認できるサービスを提供してほしい。
    Provide us the information of IP addresses which are used on the services

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online や OneDrive for Business で利用する IP アドレスの変更予定と、インターバル期間を確認できるサービスを提供してほしい。事前に情報を確認することで、ユーザー環境でのエラーの回避やメンテナンスの利便性が高まるため対応してほしい。

We would like to have an advanced notification for the change of IP addresses used on SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business, and how much time we have before the change.

Those notifications or information will let us to prevent having error or improve maintainability on the user environment.

Thank you for your considerations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Features for site collection administrator’s maintenance

■Title(件名):
    ユーザー削除後のサイト コレクションの管理者について
    Features for site collection administrator’s maintenance

■Description(内容):
    現在、ユーザー削除後のサイト コレクションの管理者は削除されたユーザーのままであるが、管理者を不在のままサイト コレクションを保持する機能の実装を要望いたします。また、サイト コレクションの管理者(プライマリ)を現在外すことができませんが、外すことができるコマンドレットも用意していただきたいです。

I would like to see the feature regarding site administrator as below:

・the way to maintain the site without administrators after previous admin was deleted from organization. At current design, the deleted user will remain as administrator at the site.

・cmltd for deleting site collection administrator (primary). We do not have any way to delete it at current behavior.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ¿Hay alguna forma de poder acceder al contenido del "Almacen Personal" en aquellos casos en que no hay conexión disponible a Internet?

¿Hay alguna forma de poder acceder al contenido del "Almacen Personal" en aquellos casos en que no hay una conexión disponible a Internet?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i been being attacked by a mac fisher for 6 yrs ,,,i narrowed his attacks too this since no matter where i go he deletes my connect ,

he is a mac fisher and a comcast employee
    they attack by mac address and use the ghost prog ,,,hiding their identity ,,get rid the ghost prog ,,let them come in opem that site protects them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow saving open OneDrive document offline when MFA expires

PLEASE ALLOW USERS TO SAVE ONEDRIVE FILES OFFLINE WHEN THEY CAN'T APPROVE A MFA REQUEST.
    If multifactor authentication expires while working on a file saved on OneDrive, it won't be possible to save the file in any other offline location without approving the MFA. "File > Save As" path keeps on trying to connect to server and won't allow for saving the file in a different place (Excel in my case).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. enter to application with touch id, face id or password

enter to onedrive app with touch id, face id or password like a Microsoft Authenticator app

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive storage size should not use the local Disk Drive space. Local Disk is full due to to data from OneDrive.

My OneDrive storage is using the capacity of my local Disk Drive, so the local disk is now full. I want to make space on my local PC and make the OneDrive storage size not counting for my local disk drive. How to do this without loosing data? Local Disk Drive should not be full due to OneDrive storage usage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base