OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Be able to sync shared folders in pc desktop/laptop Windows

As a user with folders shared with me,
    I'd like to select folders from other personal onedrive accounts in my onedrive desktop app and select as many folders I want to sync with my pc,
    For a better user experience.

As a user sharing folders,
    I'd like to select if folders that I shared cannot be sync with personal pcs with onedrive desktop app,
    For security

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Activity Log

OneDrive should have an activity log to track file changes (e.g. new file, renaming/deleting of files). Dropbox has implemented years ago.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Developers. Ask the question. If you had discovered the formula of how to change lead to gold would you entrust this formula to OneDrive?

If you would not then how do you expect others to entrust their secrets? And yes, everyone has secrets.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You need to put out a disclaimer notice ASAP!

Yesterday I rec'd over 40 calls supposedly from "Apple Inc" telling me my "cloud" was causing a severe security risk to my Apple products. Altho I KNEW it was a scam (because I own no Apple products), others might not. Found out today that many other friends also rec'd those same annoying repeat calls all day long & even into the night until around 8 pm yesterday. I blocked every number they used to call me, but they would then just roll over to another number for their robo-dialer to use to constantly harass me (as they did to my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow us to see usage reports based on devices for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business でデバイス別利用レポートを取得できる機能の追加を要望いたします。
    Allow us to see usage reports based on devices for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

■Description(内容):
    Skype for Businessではレポート機能でデバイス別に利用状況が分かりますが、現在、SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business ではデバイス別利用レポートが取得できないため、デバイス別利用レポートを取得できる機能の追加を要望いたします。

I would like to see usage reports for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business based on devices via report feature.

This is available for Skype for Business and if same feature is available for another apps, it will be much appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It is very difficult and non-intuitive to make a shared file "view only" instead of "can edit". This needs to be fixed

Make it easier to designate shared files "view only" instead of "can edit". This really needs to be fixed. It takes multiple tries because it is very non-intuitive at present.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. major issue

Dear team,

Attention to Microsoft developer I found the issue on OneDrive if we login to our iPhone and after 5 minutes if we change the Microsoft account password and or even change the primary email OneDrive on iPhone will not find out password is changed or email is change one driver on iPhone keep working its mast be if password change then sign out from everywhere if you have any question I can explain more

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Control internal and external shared links

I want to be able to control automatically all shared links in the organization by "setting" an expiration date. Actually we use a script the use Graph. They inspect all shared links in the Graph Delta items collection and:
    destroy all external shared links if they are 7 days old for external shared
    destroy all internal shared links if they are 30 old and resend an automatic invitation to "poke" both person: the sender and the receiver. Internal shared links can be use with our 6 emails domains.
    be able to monitoring all shared activity by group (user and AD…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide GPO as separate download

Our computers has already installed OneDrive and we must uninstall and reinstall to just download latest GPO templates. So please, just published them on Microsoft Download Center like every other team (Office, Windows). Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. File Encryption for OneDrive Personal Users

File Encryption for OneDrive personal users

Microsoft needs to offer file encryption for its personal users as they do for business customers. We pay for a service and I would feel more confident if I didn't have to use a 3rd party app to encrypt my personal data on OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. One Drive - Device Access - Options to apply the policy to specific users.

One Drive-Device Access-"Allow access only from specific ip address locations"- Need the option to choose the "Users" to apply the policy.

At this moment, on this policy, it applies to all the users of the domain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Wants to Access" notification needs more details

The request for access notification (email when a user request access to a OneDrive or SharePoint) needs to provide more information. Especially the actual file/folder.

Details: Had an external user that requested access to a users OneDrive Folder. More than likely in error as they were previously sent a link to an actual file. The request only show the tenantname-my-sharepoint.com No further information was mentioned. After researching the audit logs, I was able to determine the user was sent the link and what OneDrive(OD4B) the user was attempting to access. Would be nice if the email would display the full…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There are different behavior when Global Administrator has enabled the Retention Policy for OneDrive for Business

We have enabled the Retention Policy for 7 years via https://protection.office.com/retention recently and found out there are different behavior for OneDrive for Business Web Based version and OneDrive for Desktop Application version.

When an user is trying to delete a folder in OneDrive for Business in Web Based version, it will appears an error message when the "hold" is enabled and this is default behavior until we deleting all the files in this folder.

However, when we tried to delete a folder in OneDrive for Business for Desktop Application, there are no error message appeared when the "hold" is enabled…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. for "3" files....seriously?

Personal Vault for every one drive personal file, otherwise, the onedrive cloud is useless (win phone, xbox, business and private accounts same machine)

please help us or at least help us help you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Paramètres du PC

Recherche pour voir si tout est en ordre !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PRIVACY LOCKOUT; BRUTAL. DO NOT LINK EDUCATIONAL ACCOUNT TO PRIVATE ACCOUNT

Hi Lucas

As discussed today the email address xxxx@deakin.edu.au which was previously active email tied to your student account. This account we unlinked from your Dxxxx Account when it was deleted on this date: 2016-12-05.

Dxxxx student username/emails are randomly generated and hosted on Exchange365 making it now impossible to recover this email. I would also advise the company you are dealing with that usernames unlike student ID numbers can and do get reassigned to different users after a certain period of years, this would pose a security risk and/or data breach for any data you have stored/hosted on their…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Users without required license are able to use IRM feature

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):

ライセンス条件を満たしていないユーザーが、IRM を使用できる件について。
    Users without required license are able to use IRM feature

■Description(内容):
    以下の公開情報から、IRM 機能を使用する場合は該当のユーザーに "Azure Information Protection" のライセンスが必要であることを確認しています。

<参考情報>
    タイトル : SharePoint Online Service Description
    アドレス : https://technet.microsoft.com/ja-jp/library/sharepoint-online-service-description.aspx

---- 以下、抜粋 ----
    Azure Information Protection を使用した IRM
    Office 365 Enterprise E1
    No
    ---- 抜粋、以上 ----

---- 以下、抜粋 ----
    3 Azure Information Protection は付属していませんが、アドオンとして別途購入して、サポートされている Information Rights Management (IRM) 機能を有効にすることができます。一部の Azure Information Protection 機能では、Office 365 ProPlus のサブスクリプションが必要です。そのサブスクリプションは、Office 365 Business Essentials、Office 365 Business Premium、Office 365 Enterprise E1、Office 365 Education、Office 365 Enterprise F1 には含まれていません。
    ---- 抜粋、以上 ----

しかしながら、テナント内の管理者が "Azure Information Protection" を所持しており、 "Azure Rights Management " 機能を有効にしている場合、 ユーザーが "Azure Information…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base