OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. necessito de um único one drive com uma única conta para acessar com todos os meus equipamentos 2 PC's 2 tablet's 2 celulares etc. C/ 1 ID

necessito de um único one drive para todo o meu equipamento com um único registo e passe word de entrada e não um por cada máquina.
    Cordiais cumprimentos

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. travel advisory

I get shut out of my account two-three times a week when I travel. It's maddening at best and debilating at worst. What if you allowed users to preregister their travel plans to avoid new ip locations looking suspicious.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "Wants to Access" notification needs more details

The request for access notification (email when a user request access to a OneDrive or SharePoint) needs to provide more information. Especially the actual file/folder.

Details: Had an external user that requested access to a users OneDrive Folder. More than likely in error as they were previously sent a link to an actual file. The request only show the tenantname-my-sharepoint.com No further information was mentioned. After researching the audit logs, I was able to determine the user was sent the link and what OneDrive(OD4B) the user was attempting to access. Would be nice if the email would display the full…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is no option to see sync problems when red x is showing on folders or to resolve them

There should be a way to see sync problems and resolve them when a red x is showing on a folder

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Storage for One drive

Whose BRIGHT idea was it to have a One strike and your out policy
    when it comes to storage, You people do realize that your users have
    families, jobs, and life in general that not meet your precious time frame.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Activity Log

OneDrive should have an activity log to track file changes (e.g. new file, renaming/deleting of files). Dropbox has implemented years ago.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. SHIP A PHYSICAL BACKUP OF DRIVE FOR A FEE, AUDIO SAFE

EASY BACKUPS ON DURABLE THUMB DRIVE. OR SOME KIND OF AUDIO STORAGE. REMEMBER THE TRS-80 TAPE RECORDERS? DIDNT THEY WORK BY AUDIO? COULDNT A HARMONIC STORAGE BE COMPARED TO A STANDARD TO PROVE AUTHENTICITY? LAYER THE FREQUENCIES AND SHIFT LAYERS SLIGHTLY. THE WHOLE THING WOULD BE SAFE OR SHOW TAMPERING IF IT WAS.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. KINDLY SECURE WITH PASS CODE PROTECTION SO ITS MORE SECURE

KINDLY SECURE WITH PASS CODE PROTECTION SO ITS MORE SECURE SOME ONE CAN NOT USE OR MODIFY FILES AND DOCUMENT

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. stop annoying "follow up" calls

got a call today from a microsoft rep asking me if my onedrive syncing problem had been resolved. So I checked. No, I said, looks like it's still having the problem. Does he address the problem? NO!!!! "We're not trained in onedrive," he says, "you have to go back to email support." WHAT!!!??? Why does microsoft have someone call to check on me who's not trained in the thing they're checking on?? Oh, yeah. microsoft is evil.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Possibility to check how many users decide to use KFM

When you have prompted users to use KFM user can decide to do so or not. Currently there's no way to check how many users in organisation decided to move Windows Known Folders. This would be very useful for testing before using silently KFM.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive storage size should not use the local Disk Drive space. Local Disk is full due to to data from OneDrive.

My OneDrive storage is using the capacity of my local Disk Drive, so the local disk is now full. I want to make space on my local PC and make the OneDrive storage size not counting for my local disk drive. How to do this without loosing data? Local Disk Drive should not be full due to OneDrive storage usage.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Failure to support ReFS in personal OneDrive -- as it is in OD4B - ruins admin experience

Ideally, we could harmoniously deploy the features that separately convinced us to buy in to the Microsoft vision (M365, O365, EMS, Windows 10 Professional for Workstations and Windows 10 Enterprise). OD4B and OD worked harmoniously on NTFS volumes, OD4B works beautifully on ReFS -- but despite running on the identical sync client OD fails to support ReFS at all. OD fails to support "protect important files" on corporate devices, but recently it's announced (and we implemented) directing all those system Known Folders that populate "This PC" to reside in OD4B on ReFS. I am unsure if we're chasing your capabilities,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow _vti_ in folder and file names

One drive is used to store all sorts of file, not just productivity documents. If you want to store an eclipse work space or a website, in OFB you can't because of this restriction. This makes competing products look more attractive. Why are these blocked and can that restriction be removed?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please be sure to delete the "Documents" and "Attachments" folders.

The 'Documents' folder and the 'Attachments' folder are created automatically. These folders are the default paths that can not be created or deleted.
    However, I do not use these folders.

Please be sure to delete the "Documents" and "Attachments" folders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 是否現在開機後. 會出現要輸入密碼的視窗? 因為以前沒有. 確認後請現示顯示警報

輸入密碼確認後. OneDrive for Business,同步時請顯示警報的提醒。由另一個終端等完成最新同步時. 我們希望同步時也顯示警報的功能。以確認檔案是可同步更新的.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow us to acquire logs for network traffic

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ネットワーク トラフィックの生成を確認できるログの取得について
    Allow us to acquire logs for network traffic

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 の機能にて、OneDrive.exe のアップデートや更新に関する通信を確認できるログ機能の追加を希望します。

At Office 365, I would like to see the feature to review communication logs for OneDrive.exe updating.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enabling expiry limit for external file sharing

Need to have the feature of setting expiry dates for business critical data shared with external users . It is extremely disappointing that the link expiry feature is available only for ondedrive personnel users and and links shared with anonymous users. It should be otherway round

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a report of users that do not have a OD4B site provisioned but have a license

Would be nice if we could generate a report of all users that have a license for a OneDrive site but have not had a site provisioned. This list could be used with a PowerShell script to provision the sites and then create a script that automatically provisions one when a user is added to Azure AD.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base