OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow us to choose application when specifying and applying conditional access policies

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを指定して適用したい。
    Allow us to choose application when specifying and applying conditional access policies

■Description(内容):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを指定する際、OneDrive for Business 、SharePoint Online、Teams をそれぞれ選択して適用できる機能の実装をお願いいたします。

I would like to see the feature to choose application such as OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online and Teams when specifying and applying conditional access policies.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please extend the limitation of file paths for the sync on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business における同期の 400 文字の上限の引き上げについて
    Please extend the limitation of file paths for the sync on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    以下の公開情報に、SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business における同期の制限事項に、ファイル名のパスに、400 文字まで設定することが可能と記載がある。

<参考情報>
    タイトル : ファイルおよびフォルダーを同期する際の制限事項
    アドレス : https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/3125202/
    ----------以下抜粋----------
    SharePoint Online では、ファイル名のパスに、400 文字まで設定することができます。 一部のシナリオ (特に、ライブラリに非常に長い URL パスを設定している場合) では、文字数の制限が 400 文字を下回る場合があります。
    ---------抜粋ここまで---------

しかしながら、日本語などのダブル バイト文字を使用している場合、Office Online や Office クライアント等で Office 対応ドキュメントを開く際に、ブラウザー側でダブル バイト文字はエンコードされ、 1 文字につきシングル バイト文字換算の 9 文字として計算されるため、すぐに 400 文字の条件に達してしまいます。
    そのため、400 文字の上限値を引き上げをお願い致します。

We understand that file name paths are able to have maximum 400 characters on SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business as below information mention.

<Reference>
    Title: Restrictions and…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Prevent the ability to delete the location being synced in explorer until syncing has stopped.

When a user selects the location they are syncing in the explorer navigation pane they should not be able to delete this folder or selecting delete should automatically stop the sync and then remove the folder. Currently pressing delete prompts them that the folder will be permanently removed from their computer but doesn't let them know that the Onedrive sync client will go-ahead and delete all the contents of that folder in SharePoint as well.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please introduce unlimited storage for personal accounts or introduce at least 2TB, 4TB Please

Please introduce unlimited storage for personal accounts or introduce at least 2TB, 4TB Please

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow administrators to check sync status of each user for OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business が正常に同期しているか管理者が確認する機能の要望
    Allow administrators to check sync status of each user for OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントを様々な地域で展開するにあたって、組織内のユーザーの同期状態を管理者が確認できる機能を提供してほしい。

同期できていない PC がある場合、管理者が即座に把握し対処できるよう、同期エラーが発生した際に通知を送る機能やエラーの履歴をクライアントに残すような機能を追加してほしい。

We would like you to allow administrators to check sync status of each users in the organization for deploying OneDrive for Business sync client for users in various sites.

It would be better if we have the notification alert or error logs on the client side when there is sync error. So that Administrator will be able to see the machine with failing sync and work for it.

Thank you…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Storage allocation on Folder Level

Hello All,

How about having the folder level storage allocation in SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business / OneDrive Personal.
    Let me try and explain my requirement I am a professional photographer I use OneDrive for sharing my Photographs with my clients with "view only" permission I also share my OneDrive with my Team (with Edit / Full Control Permission) so that they can upload the pics from the location since my team has the "Edit / Full Control" they can upload as many pics they want so basically I want to have better control with regards to the storage…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please stop showing survey of initial access for OneDrive for Business multiple time

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business に初回アクセスする際にアンケート画面が何度も表示される
    Please stop showing survey of initial access for OneDrive for Business multiple time

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 ポータル サイト (portal.office.com) から OneDrive for Business に ユーザーが初回アクセスする際に、事前準備 (プロビジョニング処理) が行われますが、この際に表示されるアンケート画面が、アンケートに答えても [スキップ] をクリックしても何度も表示されるため、2 回目以降は表示されないよう早期修正をお願いします。
    ※ 既に OneDrive for Business 個人用サイトが作成されたユーザーには表示されないことを確認しています。

When users have initial access to OneDrive for Business from Office 365 portal site (portal.office.com), the survey which is shown only in provisioning process keeps popping up even users answer or click [skip] button.
    I would like you to show this survey only one time.

*users who already have their OneDrive for Business site don’t…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Title(件名):
    ライセンス切り替えに伴う OneDrive for Business の容量変更を自動化してほしい。
    Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Description(内容):
    F1 ライセンスから E3 ライセンスに切り替えたユーザーの OneDrive for Business の容量が、2 GB から 1 TB に変更されるはずだが自動的に変更されない。
    PowerShell での変更が必要になるため、ライセンス変更時に自動的に OneDrive for Business の容量も変更されるようにしてほしい。

It would be great if OneDrive storage size will be updated from 2GB to 1TB automatically when the assigned license to users are changed from F1 to E3.
    In current design, we need to change the size via PowerShell, so please change storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow as to restrict access by IP address

■Title(件名):
    IP アドレスでのアクセス制御について
    Allow as to restrict access by IP address

■Description(内容):
    IP アドレスでのアクセス制御について、Office 365 標準機能においても、ファイル単位やユーザー単位での制御が可能となるよう機能の追加を希望。

We would like you to expand the connectivity limitation feature by IP address as enable administrator controlling access by files or users as default function for Office 365.

Thank you for your considerations.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix the behavior of creating new Excel file with [View in File Explorer]

■Title(件名):
    [エクスプローラーで表示] より Excel ファイルを新規作成した場合の動作について
    Fix the behavior of creating new Excel file with [View in File Explorer]

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて [エクスプローラーで表示] 機能を利用した際に、エクスプローラー上で Excel ファイルを新規作成すると、作成したファイルが一定期間、自分の名前でロックされてしまう制限について修正を要望します。
    上記事象はローカル上で作成したファイルをエクスプローラー上にドラッグ アンド ドロップすることで回避できますが、Excel ファイル以外では発生しないために混乱が生じます。
    同期クライアントでも本事象が発生しないため、同期ができない環境においても同様の手順で利用ができるよう機能の早期修正を要望します。

When we work with files with [View in File Explorer] at OneDrive for Business, we are facing the restriction that when new Excel file is created on the explorer, the file is locked with the author name for a certain period.

We can avoid this restriction with creating the file on the computer and drag and drop it on the explorer. However, we don’t…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow admins to review the contents of “Shared with Me” of each user in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の各ユーザーの "自分と共有" を確認したい。
    Allow admins to review the contents of “Shared with Me” of each user in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    テナント内の別ユーザーの OneDrive for Business にアクセスした場合、画面左側の [共有] - [自分と共有] を表示すると閲覧できないため、当該のユーザーが共有を受けたアイテムのチェックが困難である。
    また、画面左側の [最近使ったアイテム] においても、当該のユーザーが利用していたアイテムは表示されない動作であるため、管理者が個人用サイトを確認する際に不便な部分がある。
    テナント内の別ユーザーの [自分と共有] および [最近使ったアイテム] を簡易的に確認するために、別ユーザーの操作および管理している内容が閲覧できるように、機能拡充を希望します。

I can’t see the list of [Share] – [Shared with me] when I access to other user’s (in the same tenant) OneDrive for Business, and this behavior make me harder to check the shared item in the user’s OneDrive for Business.

Also, in my [Recent item] on the left pain, the items which was…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Regarding the save format of OneNote file stored in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):

OneDrive for Business に保存している OneNote ファイル を OneNote 2016 で編集する際の保存形式について
    Regarding the save format of OneNote file stored in OneDrive for Business
    ■Description(内容):

OneDrive for Business に保存している OneNote ファイルを 共有設定で編集から閲覧へ変更するなどした際に OneNote 2016 では以前に開いたデータが残りエラーが発生し正常に動作しないため、OneNote の保存形式を Office と同様の保存形式で利用できるように希望します。

We realized that if users changed permission from shared setting of OneNote file which is stored in OneDrive for Business, the previous opened data is not deleted properly, and users faced unexpected behavior.

For improvement usability, we hope the feature will be implemented allow users to save OneNote files with same save format as Office client.

Thank you for…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow us to restrict sharing items when the e-mail invitation is off

■Title(件名):
    招待メールを送信しない場合の共有を制御する機能について
    Allow us to restrict sharing items when the e-mail invitation is off

■Description(内容):
    アイテム共有時、[電子メールの招待状を送信する] チェックが外れている場合に共有を行うことができないよう制御する機能の提供を希望

To improve the security and manageability for sharing, we would like to have the feature that sharing will be restricted if setting is [Send an email invitation] option is off.

Thank you for your considerations.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. bird is downloading your onedirve,what is meaing? what is bird which is stealing my documents?

"bird is downloading your onedirve",what is meaing? what is bird which is stealing my documents?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

■Title(件名):
    先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可設定を個別に設定したい
    Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

■Description(内容):
    現在 SharePoint 管理センターと、OneDrive 管理センターの "先進認証を使用していないアプリ" を許可 / 禁止する項目は連動していることを確認しております。
    SharePoint Online 側のみ、または OneDrive for Business 側のみ、など、先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可 / 禁止設定をそれぞれ個別に行えるよう、機能の拡張をお願いいたします。

Currently, the SharePoint Admin Center and OneDrive Admin Center have a setting to allow or disallow "Apps that don't use modern authentication". I would like to see a provision to allow setting the allow/disallow state individually on both SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Global Administrator Audit

The Ability to Audit Global Administrators when accessing users OneDrives via the "Get Access to Files" Option.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Granting an app OneDrive permission should only grant access to a specific folder. Not everything

When installing apps that uses OneDrive (I my case apps on Android) you grant them a very broad permission to access ALL AND EVERYTHING stored on my OneDrive.

I my specific case, I wanted to try out apps that can stream the music from OneDrive I have stored on OneDrive. mp3 etc.

You can only grant permissions to all and everything stored on OneDrive and not just that one folder where my music is. This behavior prevents me for using any non-Microsoft app that wants to connect to my OneDrive.

I store personal sensitive stuff on OneDrive and I don't…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive for Business local sync - preventing deletion of files from Sharepoint

Allow sync folders for local users with onedrive for business but dont allow them to delete or change locally the files/folders only on website/sharepoint team.

This is a urgent configuration thath should be allowed to setup because we cannot controll locally the same way we control on the sharepoint, and prevent users to delete files accidentally.

Thanks.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve deleted user notice to reporting manager

The plain-text, single paragraph notice is hard for many users to understand. Consider breaking up into several chunked paragraphs.

An example of how this might be done is listed here:
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/improving-onedrives-deleted-user-notice-kevin-crossman

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base