OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve OneDrive's security, policy and administration experiences??

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Silent KFM not working when there is a "problem", but wont tell the user or the admin.

We've been testing out OneDrive KFM, and its not working when there is a problem with one of the know folders, it could be a Symlink or "illegal" file type, .pst etc.
    It would be nice to have a dashboard that wrote these errors from the deployment, so we could take action on it, instead of not knowing why it isn't deploying.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Getting list of all site collection admins for OneDrive

Currently, there no way to fetch a list of all site collection admins of all OneDrive account. The only way to check it is by going to Admin Portal and checking it for each and every user.

PowerShell (Set-SPOUser) allows to add new site collection admins to SharePoint sites and OneDrive. However, Get-SPOUser doesn't get the site collection admins unless the admin account is already site collection admin on the OneDrive.

It would be great to have some way for admins to fetch a list of all site collection admins either using script or GUI.

Thank you.
    BB

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let us sync folders on any drive

Let us sync folders on any drive.

For example
    c:\documents
    d:\recepies

d:\pictures

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Service-by-Service Enablement of Multifactor Authentication

I would like to enable Multi-factor authentication, but am I mistaken in that is an all-or-nothing proposition? I would like the ability to turn on MFA just for OneDrive... I don't want to turn it on and then have to mess with App Passwords, enforcement of MFA when trying to use my Xbox, or even Outlook.com for that matter. I would like to apply MFA on a service-by-service basis, as I need sit based upon my usage, where I may/may not have sensitive information, etc.

Can you consider this enhancement, please? Or is it available nad I just haven't looked…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SHIP A PHYSICAL BACKUP OF DRIVE FOR A FEE, AUDIO SAFE

EASY BACKUPS ON DURABLE THUMB DRIVE. OR SOME KIND OF AUDIO STORAGE. REMEMBER THE TRS-80 TAPE RECORDERS? DIDNT THEY WORK BY AUDIO? COULDNT A HARMONIC STORAGE BE COMPARED TO A STANDARD TO PROVE AUTHENTICITY? LAYER THE FREQUENCIES AND SHIFT LAYERS SLIGHTLY. THE WHOLE THING WOULD BE SAFE OR SHOW TAMPERING IF IT WAS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enforce RMS on OneDrive library for all the users with one click

The ability to control RMS azure right management encryption for all the user from admin console instead of going on all users one by one to enable it.
    At least aa powershel script to do that for admin will be great.
    We want to enable RMS for all the files that are on their Onedrive for all the users in company.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OneDrive Restore Settings, make it an option for it to be disabled by Admin

OneDrive Restore Settings, make it an option for it to be disabled by Admin. This is to avoid end users mistakenly restore their whole sites and sync to their local folders and causes document lost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Possibility to check how many users decide to use KFM

When you have prompted users to use KFM user can decide to do so or not. Currently there's no way to check how many users in organisation decided to move Windows Known Folders. This would be very useful for testing before using silently KFM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Something's not right The page you requested is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, please check back in a few minu

Something's not right
    The page you requested is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, please check back in a few minutes. Please Unlimited your One DRIVE download... To Other user Download

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Storage for One drive

Whose BRIGHT idea was it to have a One strike and your out policy
    when it comes to storage, You people do realize that your users have
    families, jobs, and life in general that not meet your precious time frame.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. we wan tto ask Microsoft is onedrive users data is safe ?

this is better security option to login OneDrive every login user get OTP from Microsoft to his register cell number.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to change email notification language for a user in Sharepoint/Onedrive

There are new mass file deletion notifications sent to users of OneDrive if they delete many files at once. There is also notifications sent to the manager when his employee is deleted so the files are accessible to him for X days. It seems like there is no way to change the language of these notifications. Companies are no longer unilingual only so it would be interesting to be able to change on a user base this setting either by powershell or portal

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Attached filed on the Outlook on the Web is saved at the unexpected document library on SharePoint Online

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の利用を制限しているユーザーが、Outlook on the web から添付ファイルを保存した際のデータの保存先が、意図せず SharePoint Online に保存される事象について
    Attached filed on the Outlook on the Web is saved at the unexpected document library on SharePoint Online.

■Description(内容):

OneDrive for Business の利用を禁止しているユーザーが、Outlook on the web で添付メールの、保存先のプルダウンメニューの選択肢から "OneDrive - テナント名" を選択し保存すると、SharePoint Online のルート サイトのドキュメントライブラリにデータが保存され、他のユーザーがプライベートなデータの閲覧が可能になるため改善してほしい。

Users who are not allowed utilize One Drive for Business can saved files attached on Outlook on the web with choosing “OneDrive – Tenant Name” from pulldown, and those files are saved at Document library on the SharePoint Online root site. Those saved files include private one, and they are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow us to acquire logs for network traffic

■Title(件名):
    ネットワーク トラフィックの生成を確認できるログの取得について
    Allow us to acquire logs for network traffic

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 の機能にて、OneDrive.exe のアップデートや更新に関する通信を確認できるログ機能の追加を希望します。

At Office 365, I would like to see the feature to review communication logs for OneDrive.exe updating.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 是否現在開機後. 會出現要輸入密碼的視窗? 因為以前沒有. 確認後請現示顯示警報

輸入密碼確認後. OneDrive for Business,同步時請顯示警報的提醒。由另一個終端等完成最新同步時. 我們希望同步時也顯示警報的功能。以確認檔案是可同步更新的.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow us to filter audit logs indicating only operations at explorer

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 監査ログの絞り込み先の対象を増やして欲しい
    Allow us to filter audit logs indicating only operations at explorer

■Description(内容):
    Office365 監査ログにて、OneDrive for Business を対象に検索をしても、ログが大量に表示されます。
    エクスプローラーで表示した画面で操作したファイルのログのみを絞り込んで検索できるよう、機能の拡充を要望します。

I would like to see the feature that allow us to filter audit logs indicating only operations at explorer.
    At current setting, audit logs for OneDrive for Business is really large, and we need more filter to specify what we really want to check.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sync control on root level for OneDrive for Home usage

As a home user, I store copies of important documents in the cloud, so I have them still available in case of e.g. fire. However I don't want those documents to be synced with every device I am using.

My question is: Can a configuration be added to the root level folders of each account, where using the web-interface I can configure for each root folder whether the folder is allowed to be synced to a device or not. I would like to have this configuration in one place only (on the web interface), and not configure this on each…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Feedback and Knowledge Base