OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Please remove the folder / files path by sharing of files or folders

Hi, when I wish to share a file a folder, via Link, the other person who open my shared folder can see the whole path of my folders structure. See here the example https://take.ms/FJdda

Same with Links, all folders direcotry is written in the text of the URL Link, see here: https://take.ms/BlzuX

Thats a big BUG / Trouble, for everyone who needs to share only some folders or files, without any other information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an "Employee Terminated" Field to AD and Microsoft O365 Accounts

This request would have a big impact on both Exchange administration and OneDrive administration. Historically there has not been an avenue within AD to mark an account as terminated, other than maybe changing the account description field or utilizing the Exchange Custom Attributes. So you have an employee that leaves, maybe make the description change, and disable the account. You might grant the manager access to the former employee's mailbox for a period of time, and eventually delete the user account. In prior versions of SharePoint, a disabled account might trigger the Mysite deletion process which in O365 has become…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Azure report from OneDrive

We have company secrets in drawing files. I need a report from Azure to show all users with a certain file extension in their OneDrive. I would like the filename, file extension, date added to OneDrive. Also a option to email this report from the console.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Centrally manage / easier Sharepoint syncing

I find that trying to train users on syncing Sharepoint has been EXTREMELY challenging, more so than creating apps, configuring Sharepoint or even landing men on the moon for some reason... It would be handy to have a console where I can say right that bunch of users, matter what Device they are on (as long as it is Windows 10), they get these libraries synced. I have generally always got 1 site that everyone accesses (or the vast majority) and it would be good to just tick a box and whenever a new laptop is added, as soon as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include ransomware detection for the free plan.

No only for Office 365, please.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Free personal storage for work office 365 users

I have a office 365 premium account from work. Till now I had 100Gb of free (Samsung promotion) in my personal onedrive. Now I have no way to buy 100Gb of personal storage or set aside 100Gb of personal storage in my work account. Microsoft - please resolve this issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Eliminate filename and folder name exclusions

At the moment, some characters and file/folder names will not sync, even though the names are valid on the device. For instance, a folder named "Forms" in the root of the sync directory will not sync to the cloud. This is an unnecessary restriction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Move Application Folders to dedicated subfolder

There is no dedicated folder where applications can store their files.
    Some use the top folder, other the 'Documents' folder
    but the top folder should be relatively clean and user oriented
    whilst documents should be mainly maintainted with user content

hence the suggestion to provide an dedicated folder for such items.
    Some thing like Applications Files,
    it could be placed under the top folder or the Documents folder

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Silent KFM not working when there is a "problem", but wont tell the user or the admin.

We've been testing out OneDrive KFM, and its not working when there is a problem with one of the know folders, it could be a Symlink or "illegal" file type, .pst etc.
    It would be nice to have a dashboard that wrote these errors from the deployment, so we could take action on it, instead of not knowing why it isn't deploying.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. dguillaumier@gmail.com

I,thought,you are there ,to help and serve people,wow,thanks for your respond,it made me very happy,im sure ,that ,many people have the same problem, im not alone,in this thank you,

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Let us sync folders on any drive

Let us sync folders on any drive.

For example
    c:\documents
    d:\recepies

d:\pictures

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Service-by-Service Enablement of Multifactor Authentication

I would like to enable Multi-factor authentication, but am I mistaken in that is an all-or-nothing proposition? I would like the ability to turn on MFA just for OneDrive... I don't want to turn it on and then have to mess with App Passwords, enforcement of MFA when trying to use my Xbox, or even Outlook.com for that matter. I would like to apply MFA on a service-by-service basis, as I need sit based upon my usage, where I may/may not have sensitive information, etc.

Can you consider this enhancement, please? Or is it available nad I just haven't looked…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More stats required for sign-ins into OneDrive for security and statistical gathering, information on specifics from Mobile, PC, Browsers.

More stats required for sign-ins into OneDrive for security and statistical gathering, information on specifics from mediums such as Mobile, PC, Browsers. Individual results required.

Also, logins and logouts are not gathered, as once a user is signed into any device, they are always signed in... defeats the purposes slightly here. it would be good to see daily logons.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SHIP A PHYSICAL BACKUP OF DRIVE FOR A FEE, AUDIO SAFE

EASY BACKUPS ON DURABLE THUMB DRIVE. OR SOME KIND OF AUDIO STORAGE. REMEMBER THE TRS-80 TAPE RECORDERS? DIDNT THEY WORK BY AUDIO? COULDNT A HARMONIC STORAGE BE COMPARED TO A STANDARD TO PROVE AUTHENTICITY? LAYER THE FREQUENCIES AND SHIFT LAYERS SLIGHTLY. THE WHOLE THING WOULD BE SAFE OR SHOW TAMPERING IF IT WAS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow us to control sharing between users between different GEO in Multi-GEO environment

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Multi-GEO 環境を利用の場合に、他の GEO のユーザーと共有できないよう制御する機能について
    Allow us to control sharing between users between different GEO in Multi-GEO environment

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business において、同一テナント内のユーザー間での共有を禁止する機能が実装されていないことを確認しております。Multi-GEO 環境を利用している場合に同一テナント内のユーザー間での共有を禁止できないことで、社内の機密情報が海外に漏洩する可能性があるため、異なる GEO 間での共有を禁止する機能の実装をお願いします。

I would like to see the feature to restrict sharing between users in different GEO. In current design, we are no able to stop sharing for users in same tenant in OneDrive Business, however, confidential information leakage to outside of countries might occur when we use Multi-GEO environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enforce RMS on OneDrive library for all the users with one click

The ability to control RMS azure right management encryption for all the user from admin console instead of going on all users one by one to enable it.
    At least aa powershel script to do that for admin will be great.
    We want to enable RMS for all the files that are on their Onedrive for all the users in company.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive Restore Settings, make it an option for it to be disabled by Admin

OneDrive Restore Settings, make it an option for it to be disabled by Admin. This is to avoid end users mistakenly restore their whole sites and sync to their local folders and causes document lost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to share OneDrive folders to users outside an organization.

Inability to share folders to users outside of the organization makes this product of limited value. Dropbox and others have had this feature from the outset. You cannot call this a collaboration tool in the current format.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Feedback and Knowledge Base