OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Litigation Hold on Account - Don't need a license to keep OneDrive Info

Currently, if someone in our company gets put on a Litigation hold, and they want us to keep their OneDrive for Business files, we would like to not have it eat up a license to keep the files. This is similar to how Mail acts the same way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add local network/LAN sync so that my OneDrive Syncing PCs on my local network don't need to round trip to the cloud to share updates

Allow OneDrive to be aware of other machines on the local network and sync changes directly between them to save the round trip to the cloud for every change

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Pricing range, cheaper and more variety

Adding variety of pricing for One Drive. For now the OneDrive pricing is way too high for Indonesian market. Google taking away the market with cheaper option, let's say, 50gb on OneDrive is 31k IDR, where 100gb google drive is 25k IDR per month, with only 249k per year. the office bundling is just not everyone use, even I know it's way powerful then Google offer, but the Android and iOS version is way behind the desktop version, and way less capable than the Google Docs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. deleted file

Allow deleted files to be kept for 1year, up from standard 30days, for additional charge

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OneDrive mobile client support for Azure Information Protection (AIP) protected documents

Currently when you attempt to view an AIP protected document in the iOS mobile client (presuming its the same for Android clients), the document fails to show and OneDrive shows a message stating:

"The file can't be displayed. Make sure that you're connected to a WiFi or mobile network".

The user then has to have the Word (or other Office app) client installed on their mobile device and then click on the Word icon to access the document.

My suggestion/request is that the mobile client should be AIP label and policy aware and able to open the document preview, just…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable Option to Turn off Onedrive for Business Versioning

I am currently using OneDrive for Business as a back-up storage which mirrors one of my other cloud storage. The version files takes up space every time we trigger a sync. I would like for the option to turn-off versioning for OneDrive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add an "Employee Terminated" Field to AD and Microsoft O365 Accounts

This request would have a big impact on both Exchange administration and OneDrive administration. Historically there has not been an avenue within AD to mark an account as terminated, other than maybe changing the account description field or utilizing the Exchange Custom Attributes. So you have an employee that leaves, maybe make the description change, and disable the account. You might grant the manager access to the former employee's mailbox for a period of time, and eventually delete the user account. In prior versions of SharePoint, a disabled account might trigger the Mysite deletion process which in O365 has become…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Azure report from OneDrive

We have company secrets in drawing files. I need a report from Azure to show all users with a certain file extension in their OneDrive. I would like the filename, file extension, date added to OneDrive. Also a option to email this report from the console.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Centrally manage / easier Sharepoint syncing

I find that trying to train users on syncing Sharepoint has been EXTREMELY challenging, more so than creating apps, configuring Sharepoint or even landing men on the moon for some reason... It would be handy to have a console where I can say right that bunch of users, matter what Device they are on (as long as it is Windows 10), they get these libraries synced. I have generally always got 1 site that everyone accesses (or the vast majority) and it would be good to just tick a box and whenever a new laptop is added, as soon as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include ransomware detection for the free plan.

No only for Office 365, please.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Personal vault feature for corporate tenant

Pls make available personal vault feature for corporate tenant. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Free personal storage for work office 365 users

I have a office 365 premium account from work. Till now I had 100Gb of free (Samsung promotion) in my personal onedrive. Now I have no way to buy 100Gb of personal storage or set aside 100Gb of personal storage in my work account. Microsoft - please resolve this issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Eliminate filename and folder name exclusions

At the moment, some characters and file/folder names will not sync, even though the names are valid on the device. For instance, a folder named "Forms" in the root of the sync directory will not sync to the cloud. This is an unnecessary restriction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step authentication

Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step verification just like in "Personal Vault". This would definitely secure our One Drive in an event when one of our devices would be stolen. I have signed in to One Drive web recently and typed all the password and it automatically connects me with my One Drive without verifying who entered the password. What if something happens to one or more of my devices, how can I retrieve and possibly secure all my files in my Account. Identity theft is still the number one issue today.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move Application Folders to dedicated subfolder

There is no dedicated folder where applications can store their files.
    Some use the top folder, other the 'Documents' folder
    but the top folder should be relatively clean and user oriented
    whilst documents should be mainly maintainted with user content

hence the suggestion to provide an dedicated folder for such items.
    Some thing like Applications Files,
    it could be placed under the top folder or the Documents folder

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Silent KFM not working when there is a "problem", but wont tell the user or the admin.

We've been testing out OneDrive KFM, and its not working when there is a problem with one of the know folders, it could be a Symlink or "illegal" file type, .pst etc.
    It would be nice to have a dashboard that wrote these errors from the deployment, so we could take action on it, instead of not knowing why it isn't deploying.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. dguillaumier@gmail.com

I,thought,you are there ,to help and serve people,wow,thanks for your respond,it made me very happy,im sure ,that ,many people have the same problem, im not alone,in this thank you,

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)