OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• or
  1. Storage limits per user

From OneDrive admin center i can set a different storage limit for each user, as for now, i can adjust the storage limit for all users in the organization :)

It can be done for each Department as well ( which is for each Team group).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notify admins when a user’s OneDrive for Business storage reached the set storage limit

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の使用容量が設定値に達した場合に管理者に通知されるようにして欲しい

Notify admins when a user’s OneDrive for Business storage reached the set storage limit
    ■Description(内容):
    現時点の OneDrive for Business では、OneDrive for Business の使用容量が設定値に達した場合の通知が、OneDrive for Business を所有するユーザーにしか届かないため管理者で把握ができない。
    OneDrive for Business の使用容量が設定値に達した場合は、管理者にも通知されるようにして欲しい。

When users’ OneDrive for Business storage reaches the set storage limit, the notification will be sent to only users, not their admins. That makes it difficult for admins to manage users’ OneDrive for Business storage.

For improvement of manageability, please notify admins as well when a user’s OneDrive for Business storage reached the set storage limit.

Thank you for your…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Storage allocation on Folder Level

Hello All,

How about having the folder level storage allocation in SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business / OneDrive Personal.
    Let me try and explain my requirement I am a professional photographer I use OneDrive for sharing my Photographs with my clients with "view only" permission I also share my OneDrive with my Team (with Edit / Full Control Permission) so that they can upload the pics from the location since my team has the "Edit / Full Control" they can upload as many pics they want so basically I want to have better control with regards to the storage

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Should not lock down once exceed storage limit, should have feature to stop upload once exceed storage limit and inform user to delete un-us

Should not lock down once exceed storage limit, should have feature to stop upload once exceed storage limit and inform user to delete un-use file.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase Storage Limit After Each Subscription Renovation

It would be great to have our storage limit increased with each subscription renovation, maybe 30 ~ 50% per year?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Free personal storage for work office 365 users

I have a office 365 premium account from work. Till now I had 100Gb of free (Samsung promotion) in my personal onedrive. Now I have no way to buy 100Gb of personal storage or set aside 100Gb of personal storage in my work account. Microsoft - please resolve this issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Storage for One drive

Whose BRIGHT idea was it to have a One strike and your out policy
    when it comes to storage, You people do realize that your users have
    families, jobs, and life in general that not meet your precious time frame.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pooled Storage option for OneDrive Premium Users.

5 TB total, 1 TB per person is great....but my wife and I share a Premium account. We have 1 heavily used account and 4 at 0% utilization. We share an account to centralize our pictures make for easier search and management of our files. Please give the option to pool the storage so we can take full advantage of the storage available to our account.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Combining OneDrive storage for Home 365 subscription

Combining OneDrive storage for Home 365. 6 subscriptions of 1TB each should be able to be pooled into 1 subscription of 6TB (or other variations of 6 subs & 6TB).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A businessplan for one user and at least 5 TB of storage

Small datadriven businesses still often need more than 1 TB of storage, but it is not viable to pay for 5 userlicenses.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add extra storage to OneDrive user

Using a Office 365 Home subscription, you get 1 TB OneDrive space for each user - currently 6 users in total. I suggest making it possible to increase the storage for each user, surely for an extra fee or montly cost or similar. As it is now, users has no chance adding extra TB and therefore they are stock at 1 TB.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Increase the free storage

Giving only 5 GB for free on OneDrive is the worst idea. Google Drive offers 15 GB for free then why Microsoft's OneDrive doesn't? If 15 GB is not possible then give at least 10 GB of free storage! 5 GB is not sufficient for any one. Also Google Drive offers unlimited photos and videos upload on high quality, OneDrive also compromises in that part too! So sad to see how world's most richest man consume his money on his own fans & customers.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Offer additional storage for one time price rather than a monthly subscription

There should be additional amounts of storage, perhaps in increments of 10 GB, for fixed, one time costs. Not everyone wants to pay monthly and for me, now I am no longer using OneDrive (which I love) because I can get 100 GB free from other providers or go pay a "lifetime" cost for 1TB of storage. If one drive offered this, I think there would be a lot more users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive storage size should not use the local Disk Drive space. Local Disk is full due to to data from OneDrive.

My OneDrive storage is using the capacity of my local Disk Drive, so the local disk is now full. I want to make space on my local PC and make the OneDrive storage size not counting for my local disk drive. How to do this without loosing data? Local Disk Drive should not be full due to OneDrive storage usage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please introduce unlimited storage for personal accounts or introduce at least 2TB, 4TB Please

Please introduce unlimited storage for personal accounts or introduce at least 2TB, 4TB Please

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ライセンス切り替えに伴う OneDrive for Business の容量変更を自動化してほしい。
    Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Description(内容):
    F1 ライセンスから E3 ライセンスに切り替えたユーザーの OneDrive for Business の容量が、2 GB から 1 TB に変更されるはずだが自動的に変更されない。
    PowerShell での変更が必要になるため、ライセンス変更時に自動的に OneDrive for Business の容量も変更されるようにしてほしい。

It would be great if OneDrive storage size will be updated from 2GB to 1TB automatically when the assigned license to users are changed from F1 to E3.
    In current design, we need to change the size via PowerShell, so please change storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Eliminate Security Issues Created by Incompatible Storage Features

File management has been a nightmare for years and OneDrive is making things more complicated by adding to the number of extra steps we have to take in order to have a somewhat consistent experience. Here are just a few problems:

Storing your files on an NTFS drive lets you encrypt, compress, view zip file as regular folder, set permissions, file history, use bitlocker, file tagging, customize data shown in columns, file attributes, using time stamps for various automated or auditing purposes, LAN sharing over SMB 2/3, and offline caching. All of these features can often be put to good…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable Option to Turn off Onedrive for Business Versioning

I am currently using OneDrive for Business as a back-up storage which mirrors one of my other cloud storage. The version files takes up space every time we trigger a sync. I would like for the option to turn-off versioning for OneDrive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Scan and Remove duplicate

Scan and Remove duplicate files (similar to ccleaner) to lessen storage space. Example in pictures

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories