OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Developer Platform

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Enable MKV Videos Streaming on OneDrive

I have been a Windows user for 3 years now & I Have 1TB of One Drive storage as part of Office 365 subscription. Nowadays most of the 1080p HD videos are in (MKV) format, But In One Drive we cannot play MKV format (App/Browser).

So can you Please enable MKV format Video streaming support like other cloud storage (ex: google drive) in OneDrive.

So that we can use 1TB storage very effectively.

Happy Windows User,
    Sundar

297 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow users greater flexibility to download user files from One Drive onto device external SD mini card/Flash drive (OTG attached).

Currently one only may download from One Drive for Android 6.0.1 onto the device internal storage. This requires a third party app to migrate files from internal storage to external SD card or other OTG-connected external memory (i.e., flash drive, etc.). As this issue has no doubt been forwarded to you countless times, as a developer myself I fail to understand the planned limitation herein described, within the current OneDrive code blocking users from full access to storage options.

Please add this functionality ASAP! The favor of your reply will be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Richard T. Rodolf, CTO
    REFUGIO…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable the new one drive experience for just one user

I want to be able to see what customization options I have on the new one drive experience, as well as prepare documentation for our users before releasing the new experience to them, but I cannot enable just one user for the new experience. I have to turn them all on. I would love a setting in site settings to turn this on for just one user. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Look at pets there a good investment

Please don't come over and put the suggestions or ideas into our kids heads that in now going to come and take items that don't belong to you remember that you said you don't want anything don't start in front of the kids and you're not going to get anything

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Support for Sync File Path (Removable Media)

Ok, so today I got concerned about my drive getting too full, with documentation. I'm sure I'm not the only individual/business or even budding entrepreneur with files of business activities in their personal computer. Perhaps enabling a sync path for removable media, such as UBS or MicroSD could allow easy transitions for on the go entrepreneurs out of the office.

This would be a great feature, because of tablets and mobile phones with MicroSD slots, or even laptops with USB ports. Imagine this: A CEO that needs to download files for a presentation at another office, or a law firm…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Build back in file check in / out on Onedrive For Business

On my previous version of Onedrive for Business, I could check files out and back in again to prevent the creation of multiple versions of the same file. I have been forced to install the most recent version and, after a long period and a lot of wasted time trying to work out why it won't work, I have at length been told by MS support that this feature is no longer available.

Two points:

1) This renders this version useless to me and I will abandon ODFB in favour of another provider - probably ay extra cost, which I…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Olá meu nome é Jean, e sou um assinante do onedrive, e infelizmente o onedrive não lê aquivos no formato EPUB

Olá meu nome é Jean, e sou um assinante do onedrive, e infelizmente o onedrive não lê aquivos no formato EPUB, eu gostaria de saber, se vocês tem planos para colocar no onedrive um leitor de epub, com marcação de pagina e notas, só está faltando isso para
    o onedrive ficar perfeito!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sharing link with password

Putting a password for each link i share makes sharing more secure and making separated password for the same link is better. if i shared a link with (X , Y & Z), i need a password for X and another one for Y and another one for Z so the link can be accessed only by them. And if we can make a link be opened for number of times or a limited time that will be super.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable One Drive API to get file version information

Would you add the function to get file version information?
    Now I can't get file version with One Drive API, but I want to do it.
    https://dev.onedrive.com/resources/item.htm

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to choose ..!!!

I'm not sure if it does or not but the app should give the option of choosing which photos or videos I would like to save rather then saving the entire gallery content..!!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Viewing file names

A details view would be nice so I can see my file names. As it is now I have to search or/and guess because I can only see a partial file name in most of my folders.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Develop a java client library

I would like you guys to develop a stable java client to integrate OneDrive with java based applications or suggest me an apt library which is already been developed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Rotate pictures not just to the right but also left...(instead of 3 clicks it can be reduced to 1 click)

Rotate pictures not just to the right but also left...(instead of 3 clicks it can be reduced to 1 click)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive C# SDK sucketh greatly!

The OneDrive C# SDK (and API) in general is appalling. One of the historical strengths of Microsoft APIs (going back to Win32) is the imperative and English-like style of the syntax which contrasts starkly with the sock-and-sandals mess of our Unix cousins. This gives MS API's an elegance which maps to user's mental models much closer than Unix-style .
    As such, any C# API should HIDE all the REST and security
    from us more than it does. (Simple things should be simple and complex things should be possible!!) It should behave like System.IO.File and Directory with the only exception being…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. pay me

Hire them. incentivise service and commitment and use a tier system to conceal rank. O.GrM

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Uploading Videos

We need a way to make it faster to upload videos on to the drive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Chrome cast support

I know you guys use the standard video player that Apple uses. But it would be great if this app could have chrome cast support like your android app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One drive and google drive with php

I want to integrate One Drive and Google Drive into my PHP for file uploading. But some where I have failed, I request to assist me in PHP for file uploading process.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Developer Platform

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base