OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Developer Platform

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Tmeout exception when loading several files from the application folder.

I get the following link for downloading: GET /drive/items/{item-id}/content. Then download the file using the WebRequest. The first file is downloaded sucessfully. Then I get the link fot the next file and create a new web request. While trying to get Response I get the timeout exeception.

var request = WebRequest.Create(dowmloadUrl);
    request.Method = Get;
    request.ContentLength = 0;
    request.Proxy = _proxy;
    var response = (HttpWebResponse) request.GetResponse(); // timeout exception

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Je vous suggere de rajouter des fonctionnalités. Surtout le choix du fichier source et celui de destination. Ca aide pour le classement.

Il serait idéal pour la gestion de notre espace. Surtout quand on dispose de 30g de pouvoir choisir quel fichier doit se transferer ou. Dans tout les smartphones on reçoit des photos via watsapp, messenger, télégramme,ect... Mais pour récupérer ces photos la je dois le faire manuellement photos par photos... Ça prends un temps fou ! Envisager ou de pouvoir paramétrer les fichiers de destination de façon à n'avoir rien à faire ou au moins la possibilité de pouvoir charger tt un dossier d'un coup. Ce serait le minimum. Merci bien pour l'attention que j'espère, vous prendrez pour étudier ma…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. advance sharing

it is possible on Google drive but not on onedrive API:
    share a file to someone with a specific email address not just "everyone with a link", further more even so the API allows for sharing link creating, it does not allow for the destruction of this link.

this is a real frustration. these functionalities are available in the GUI but not in the API.

sharing should be the most important feature of the API.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Javascript Picker to work with dynamic RedirectURI

Currently, the JavaScript Picker requires the EXACT RedirectURI to be provided in the App settings. This means that more "interesting" scenarios are not supported.

For example, assume that I create a web-app to manage projects, and I want to allow my users to add files to a project. In that scenario, I would like to have the Picker available from the Edit page of each project. Currently, I need to add the URL of each project (e.g. http://www.myapp.com/Edit/1, http://www.myapp.com/Edit/2, etc.) in order to be able to invoke the Picker.

This makes it unusable, since each user in my…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add specific support for the reading/writing of shared folders/items in OneDrive SDK

Currently the API supports creating the link from a shared folder/item.

However, is it possible for an app to read/write the shared contents in code via the created link, using the SDK? Will there be some handy methods to make this happen?

This will be useful for apps which come with functionality of collaboration between different people. For example, a to-do list can be read and edited on different devices at the same time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive for business - How can I manage, by the PHP Rest API, the permissions on folders?

I actually try to manage Folders, Files, Users, Groups and permissions between them by a PHP Rest API.
    I can manage : Folders and Files by the OneDrive Rest API.
    I can manage : Users and Groups by the Azure AD Rest API.

But I can't manage permissions between them...
    I saw that with OneDrive API I can generate a sharing link, but it's not what I want.
    I want to manage permissions without external interventions.
    I tried to find it on the SharePoint API, but apparently it does not discuss with onedrive folders.

Is-it possible to manage them ?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Prevent modified date change when uploading a custom thumbnail

Our "Xara Online Designer" web application implements its own filepicker that presents a unified interface to the cloud providers we have integrated with our app (Google Drive, Dropbox and soon OneDrive).

Our servers generate thumbnails for our custom (.xar) file format, ensuring our picker can display thumbnails for our custom file-type. However we want to send those thumbnail images back to OneDrive, so they appear within the OneDrive web application (https://onedrive.live.com). To do this we make use of OneDrive's REST thumbnail operations ("Upload a custom thumbnail on an item" i.e. the "PUT /drive/items/{item-id}/thumbnails/0/source/content" operation).

Whilst this works correctly,…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New OneDrive SDK for the iOS platform

The new RESful API is awesome. But without platform specific library support it goes nowhere

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. windows phone kit

Faire un kit de départ pour les jeunes ou les plus vieux qui débute en infortique list outil et de manuelle dmpour les domaine choisi apprendre et developer des progranes des liste de resouse pour un aprentisage agréable er dans la lanque de son choi

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide a documentation to upload multiple files using Saver

https://dev.onedrive.com/sdk/javascript-picker-saver.htm
    Above link shows how to upload a single file. i.e. saverOption function only takes one file ...
    Kindly show how to upload multiple files using URL

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Windows Phone working sample

There are samples for several plateforms, but not windows phone... Ok there is the SDK, but no sample (Or I did not find it!)
    A working login/download/upload sample would be very useful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ,http://192.168.33.1/login.asp?goodworks.sprint.com/search_results.cfm

My idea is to be able to via text message locate GPS on any cellphone

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bonjour, je vous suggère de créer une option de partage Bluetooth et NFC, pour partager des fichiers plus simplement, partout.

Un partage Bluetooth et NFC, serait un ajout génial pour l'utilisateur, et un atout pour votre application. Si une personne veut donner un document Power Point créé sur son mobile, il n'aura qu'à l'enregistrer dans OneDrive, à activer son Bluetooth (ou NFC) puis à l'envoyer à la personne en question. D'une simplicité même mais une fonction très utile, qui pourrait l'être à beaucoup d'utilisateur Android qui pourrait d'ailleurs téléchargé l'application pour cela. Vous pouvez aussi faire que la connexion ne marche que entre deux application OneDrive, cela perdrait du potentiel, mais pousserait les gens à encore plus utilisé votre application. …

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop removing features and functions every time you update OneDrive!

It is so frustrating that the OneDrive Dev team time after time decides to remove features that we have adopted and gotten used to and dependant upon, when new updates are released. Don't do that! You will end up with a reputation of being unpredictable.
    Take a look at this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com//message/ee9e6019-25e0-47f8-9cb4-cfdba801c104?threadId=6bea65b4-4ae5-41f0-b2e0-6ca07b325892

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Developer Platform

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base