OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Developer Platform

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Scan multiple pages to one item to upload

The ability to Scan/photograph multiple pages to one item to upload would be a most useful feature!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. need way to open office files in onedrive(web) not with 'office online' but other web apps

my idea seems to similar with idea 'Allow PDF files to open in a PDF handler rather than Word Online' by Stephen.

I want to open docx or pptx or xlsx files with my web app from onedrive(for business).
    I can use file handler but not to those extensions.

Can you let file handlers available to microsoft file formats
    or
    let users to select what webapp to open with in context menu (like google drive supports)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Faster servers

Despite having a bidirectional 250Mbps connection it still takes over 30 seconds to navigate to any part of a video streamed from the one drive, I could understand if the "free" users had to deal with that but I am actually paying for my 1TB of space and would expect my data delivery to have a very low latency and at a respectable transfer speed, I have no such issue when using other service such as google drive, I hope you can speed this up in the future, I would recommend the use of fast SSDs and an access algorithm…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ASANA ONE DRIVE

ASANA-ONE DRIVE INTEGRATION

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There should be a "Privecy Protection Guaranty Symbol" As You Often See At Payment Gateway.

When we upload any files, photos or any videos there always be a little bit doubt of privacy break in our mind.

Most of users who started using OneDrive app Must support my point of view.

As we always see there are some symbols showing 100% security certified from different organization make a user feel free when transact through payment gateway.

I suggest why not we feel free when using one drive in any device or computers.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Copy - Paste files

Hey MS ON Team,

Tonight I had the necessity to copy some files from one folder to another... Unfortunately is just possible to move them.

Don't you think the ability to move, copy, paste, rename, delete or even create files/folders (manageability), should be a MUST by now in your app (OneDrive in this case)?

Also an efficient and reliable way to share, more easy to manage view or edit permissions to certain content!!! Check your actual options and functionality, PLEASE DO IT.

I hope soon you make it possible... Really.

Thanks and best x all.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. locking files

I use onedrive extensively and i really really need to be able to lock files to prevent their deletion from time to time. take for example i scan in a contract .pdf. i need to make sure this contract is stored and immutable because the contract should never change.

and one more thing.... solve the 256 character name limitation problem... don't know how call me ill tell you how! 765-491-1638

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Touch ID

Would it be possible to secure the app and to have Touch ID to open it please? I know you have it on outlook

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Upload priority

Allow us to determine the order of upload (oldest vs newest or select specific pics to prioritize).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. music

it would be nice to have the app go to the next song in order so you don't have to keep selecting the next song after the last song finishers.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow videos to be embedded at any size

Right now, videos embed at 320x180, which is hardcoded inside the iframe. Noo matter how large I make the iframe, the video player itself stays that tiny.

I suggest REMOVING the dimensions from the player, setting them instead to 100% of the width of the containing iframe. The sample embed code would then have 320 x 180 as the default dimensions for the iframe, but a saavy designer/developer could remove those dimensions and make the video as large as they needed it to be and scale it responsively.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make a method to transfer media from New3DS using OneDrive

Nintendo's New3DS can take 3D photos and video. Unlike the original 3DS, it takes extra work to get the SD card out. How can you help? Make OneDrive available for New3DS somehow, there is two ways; 1. A version of the website to access through the browser but there may not be the ability to store video from off of the device. 2. Make an app, which would be more flexible. New3DS owners can store video. You can add the function of streaming music from the application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make **** video upload optional.

There should be some option to select criteria of video or, photo to be upload. For example I should have option to select ***** graphic items so that they won't be uploaded.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Source Code Editor

It is my understanding that one used to be able to edit and share code. While the functionality is still technically there, I believe that it has been significantly reduced and doesn't look the most appealing.

Please enhance the code editing functionality so that people (especially programmers and developers) have more of a reason to use OneDrive. I know that I would personally love if this feature was enhanced.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Scrolling

Instead of having to flick to scroll, can you create a button on the side to scroll quickly thru the files like Google Photos?

Also it would be nice if OneDrive camera roll would remember where you left off when scrolling if you switch back to the app

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Implement a OneDrive API SDK in golang

Golang is growing in popularity (e.g. Docker). And by creating static, cross platform binaries it enables a much simpler day two support model for applications implemented with it.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. please add feature to open compressed folders

create an option to open the compressed folders i onedrive it self, rather than downloading the compressed folder this saves lot of time and cost

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Speed of the app

It takes 5-10 seconds for a normal size file (1mb to get deleted. This seems very archaic. When browsing, despite being on a high quality wifi connection, the pictures take ages to load. Everything about it is slow.

I am only using the app because I got it with Office365, while I want to use it because it is a great app! Please fix this. Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Developer Platform

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base