OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Developer Platform

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Implement a OneDrive API SDK in golang

Golang is growing in popularity (e.g. Docker). And by creating static, cross platform binaries it enables a much simpler day two support model for applications implemented with it.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync with WD MyCloud NAS

I'd love to see an app for the WD MyCloud NAS to sync my OneDrive like there is for Dropbox already.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Javascript SDK for new OneDrive Api

Currently there are only pickers and savers available for the new OneDrive Api.

If you now say, I should use the Javascript Live SDK, why you created a new api, which is less impressiv than the old?

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ASANA ONE DRIVE

ASANA-ONE DRIVE INTEGRATION

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Themes

Needs a dark theme

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Onedrive Sync scheduler

The program syncs every time I make a change to a file internet is not always available or fast so it makes it difficult to use the program in a productive mannor.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. file lock or checkout (REST) api to prevent overwriting and deletion

people can make one drive file editor
    by using download/upload api
    or file picker
    or file handler addin.

but there is no way to lock/unlock or checkout/checkin files.
    so concurrent modification of user A can be overwrited by user B right after.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide the functionality to playback the videos smoothly regardless of the interfaces.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business にて再生可能な動画について

Provide the functionality to playback the videos smoothly regardless of the interfaces.
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、アンドロイドで撮影した動画を OneDrive for Business にアップロードしているが、モダン UI で​再生ができない。ブラウザーは Internet Explorer を利用している。また、従来の UI では再生ができる。
    特殊なコーディングをした動画ではなく、一般的な端末で撮影した動画となるため、モダン UI でも再生できるようにしてほしい。

Recently, I am uploading the videos shooted by the Android devices and use them in OneDrive for Business. However, I feel inconvenient that the users cannot playback the videos in the Modern UI so far. Incidentally, all videos will be able to playback by switching to the Classic UI on a browser in the Internet Explorer.

There is no such video as configured with…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show path of file in details section

When I'm searching for an file and I found it, I'm missing the functionality to get the current positon of the file. It would be nice if the filepath will also be displayed in the details page.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. File appending/concatenation

It would be nice to be able to upload multiple files to OneDrive and then, once they're uploaded, join them together into one file.

On Windows, this can be achieved through the following command:

copy /b 1.txt + 2.txt + 3.txt all.txt

It would be great for this functionality to be available on OneDrive too. Amongst other uses, this could be useful for working around issues with uploading large files.

As there isn't a method for extending the expiry date of an upload session, the user is given a deadline by which they must complete the uploading of their file.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Webhook support for (non-root) Drive Items Microsoft Graph API

I'm wondering if Webhook subscriptions for non-root Drive Items will be added. Specifically I'm asking of subscriptions to Group Drive items, so that functionality like SharePoint's 'Alert me' when file changes can be implemented.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow a file to be streamed to the cloud without requiring the file's size to be known in advance.

We develop backup/restore software. Our technology is able, with FTP, DropBox, GoogleDrive, and other cloud storage providers, to stream a backup directly to an archive file in the cloud - without needing to write any data locally. We consider this "backup-directly-to-the-cloud". Unfortunately, OneDrive falls short of capability for this feature. The upload REST APIs (upload sessions) appear to require that a file size must be specified. We would require that the API allow us to begin streaming data to a file before we know the total amount of data that will be included.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable One Drive API to get file version information

Would you add the function to get file version information?
    Now I can't get file version with One Drive API, but I want to do it.
    https://dev.onedrive.com/resources/item.htm

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. music

it would be nice to have the app go to the next song in order so you don't have to keep selecting the next song after the last song finishers.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow basic user to view shared folder from business user on mobile apps!!!

I have an Onedrive business account and a basic one. I discover that the shared folders from business account to basic account cannot be shown on current ios apps. They can only be viewed on browser.

Can MS development team allow the shared folders from business to be view on current mobile apps? It definitely helps us to share the information to clients who don't have the business account but can view the folders on apps with basic account.

Many related topics have been posted in past several years. I wish MS can take a look to the issue. Thanks…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable webhooks for app-only scenarios for SharePoint and Teams folder

I would like to be able to register a webhook on a SharePoint/Teams folder to perform some specific actions whenever a file is created or updated. Currently, that feature is disabled (error message: "Cannot create app-only subscriptions for OneDrive resources"). The idea is to automatically create a repository of meta data, images in documents, et cetera based on these notifications

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Password protection for files/ folder shared on OneDrive account

Sir,
    Is there any option for using password protection for files/ folders shared on OneDrive account as the system/ Desktop is being used by number of persons?
    Thanking you
    (Sunil Chaliya)

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. upload speed when using api absolutely crawls soon after starting

the speed of the upload using onedrive for business goes REALLY SLOW basically a standstill when using the api - i was using a third party client Syncovery and was wanting to use it for backup not just syncronizing files but after less than an hour it came to a complete standstill

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Specify the display language of the received notifications freely even after initial settings.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):"no-reply@sharepointonline.com" から届く通知メールの言語について

Specify the display language of the received notifications freely even after initial settings.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の容量が制限に近づいた場合や、アクセス要求の通知メール、共有通知メールが "no-reply@sharepointonline.com" から届くが、テナント作成時の第一言語でメールが届くため、ユーザーによってはメールの内容を確認できない。
    ユーザーごとに "no-reply@sharepointonline.com" から届くメールの言語を指定できるように、追加機能をお願い致します。​​

As a matter of concern, the notification emails are all written in the language which has set at the time of tenant creation when receiving the sharing notifications of the "Access Request" or in the case of the capacity of OneDrive for Business reaches to the limitation. (Emails from the address "no-reply@sharepointonline.com".) Thereby, some users may not be able to check the contents…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Copy - Paste files

Hey MS ON Team,

Tonight I had the necessity to copy some files from one folder to another... Unfortunately is just possible to move them.

Don't you think the ability to move, copy, paste, rename, delete or even create files/folders (manageability), should be a MUST by now in your app (OneDrive in this case)?

Also an efficient and reliable way to share, more easy to manage view or edit permissions to certain content!!! Check your actual options and functionality, PLEASE DO IT.

I hope soon you make it possible... Really.

Thanks and best x all.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Developer Platform

Categories