OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Developer Platform

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Selecting backup folder

It would be nice if we could select the folder we want to put our backup photos and videos into on onedrive. This would allow us to separate and better organise the backup data from multiple devices.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent modified date change when uploading a custom thumbnail

Our "Xara Online Designer" web application implements its own filepicker that presents a unified interface to the cloud providers we have integrated with our app (Google Drive, Dropbox and soon OneDrive).

Our servers generate thumbnails for our custom (.xar) file format, ensuring our picker can display thumbnails for our custom file-type. However we want to send those thumbnail images back to OneDrive, so they appear within the OneDrive web application (https://onedrive.live.com). To do this we make use of OneDrive's REST thumbnail operations ("Upload a custom thumbnail on an item" i.e. the "PUT /drive/items/{item-id}/thumbnails/0/source/content" operation).

Whilst this works correctly,…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete a DriveItem permanently

Add an option to graph api to dele files permanently.
    Or to list items in recycle bin and delete them from there permanently.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Faster servers

Despite having a bidirectional 250Mbps connection it still takes over 30 seconds to navigate to any part of a video streamed from the one drive, I could understand if the "free" users had to deal with that but I am actually paying for my 1TB of space and would expect my data delivery to have a very low latency and at a respectable transfer speed, I have no such issue when using other service such as google drive, I hope you can speed this up in the future, I would recommend the use of fast SSDs and an access algorithm…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Color Coded folders

It would be nice if we could change folder color. I use different colors for different clients and projects.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. access from device or embedded system

with IOT explosion, many small devices may need upload data/file to onedrive. With OAuth 2.0 flow, the consent screen is displayed in browser, which is not available in embedded Linux or small devices.

Alternatives for browser authorization flow is needed. User can provide email; consent screen can be replaced by an email with a link to confirm authorization. Or a code user can input on a PC to confirm the authorization.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide the availability of "Add column" and "Add View" in the modern UI as well.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名): OneDrive for Business の新しいユーザー インターフェースで列の追加やビューの追加をできるようにしてほしい。

Provide the availability of "Add column" and "Add View" in the modern UI as well.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の新しいユーザー インターフェースで列の追加やビューの追加をできるようにしてほしい。

In order to improve usability, please add the feature of "Add column" and "Add View" in the modern experience of OneDrive for Business as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Scan multiple pages to one item to upload

The ability to Scan/photograph multiple pages to one item to upload would be a most useful feature!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it easy to access frequently accessed folders from the browser.

■Title(件名):共有を受けたフォルダーで、頻繁にアクセスするフォルダーをブラウザー上の画面左側にクイックアクセス機能のように配置したい。

Make it easy to access frequently accessed folders from the browser.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にブラウザーからアクセスした時に、[Share] > [Shared with me] 内に、共有を受けたアイテムが表示されます。
    しかしながら、共有を受けたフォルダーの数が増えると、頻繁にアクセスするフォルダーを探すのが困難になります。
    そのため、利用頻度の多い共有フォルダーを、OneDrive for Businessの画面左側にピン止めまたはクイックアクセスのような配置できる機能の追加を強く希望します。

When you access OneDrive for Business from the browser, you will see the items that you shared in "Share"> "Shared with me" folder at present. However, the users gradually have a difficulty in finding folders that are frequently accessed as the number of shared folders increases .

For this reason, we strongly hope to add a function that allows you to place shared folders that are frequently accessed as "Quick…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add SSH/FTP access as an option for easy file management between servers.

For people who own servers this would be an ideal way to manage their files without having to wait hours and hours with the chance of the download failing or going corrupt while in the process.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Invalidate the deletion of the "Notebook" folder created automatically or to hide from the screen.

■Title(件名): ノートブック フォルダーについて

Invalidate the deletion of the "Notebook" folder created automatically or to hide from the screen.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上に、​OneNote Online の保存先としてノートブックというフォルダーが自動で作成されるが、自分で作成したものではないためユーザーが削除してしまい、ファイルが失われる事例もあると思う。そのため、このようなフォルダーは削除できない、または非表示にするような動作にしてほしい。

Now, a folder named "Notebook" is automatically created on OneDrive for Business when saving OneNote Online files. However, since it is not a folder that the owners created by itself, they may accidentally delete them. Which means there is concern that OneNote files will be deleted unintentionally.

Therefore, I hope the feature to be improved that enables to invalidate the deletion of the "Notebook" folder or to hide from the screen.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add provision to use dynamic redirect url for file picker

I have a web page on which query string values are used. These values change with every request that is made for this page, I want the return url to be exactly the same as it was before i made a call to OneDrive file picker. Currently the OAuth process clears out all the query string and demands a static url for redirection. It would be great if dynamic urls are supported as the process of picking a file can be a part of a work flow and redirecting it to some other page would break the work flow.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Accounts

You need a way to integrate/merge accounts. I accidentally created 2 separate accounts which I didn't mean to do and I've tried to copy files from one to another. I've tried emailing my files so I could upload them but when I sign out of one then sign into the other and go to email to upload it states, "Can not have more than one personal account" so I don't know what to do. Thanks for your help.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. No puedo recuperar mi cuenta ya que no poseo mi número telefónico anterior y relleno todo el formulario como es y me.dice que no cumple que

No puedo recuperar mi cuenta ya que no poseo mi número telefónico anterior y relleno todo el formulario cómo es y me dice que no cumplo.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Better cloudrail support

Awesome that onedrive is already part of cloudrail.com. But not all functions are supported. I use cloudrail for my integrations on android and would love to see the complete support of onedrive.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Encryption

How about a customer encrypted folder?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. we need onedrive for linux especially ubuntu

I use Mac, Windows, Ubuntu, and android.

I need onedrive (easly installed) in linux.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. overview

REST API call for getting the overview of OneDrive. Overview response should be total_size_allocated, total_size_used, total_number_of_files, files_classification: {word_documents_count, pdf_files_counts ....}

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Developer Platform

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base