OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive Developer Platform?

Files On-Demand on OneDrive in Windows 10 & Mac

One thing that I do suggest is that we (users) can be allowed to choose whether by double clicking the file (on cloud/available in PC as an on-demand file) in our OneDrive Local Folder will download the file or just use double click to download the file (which is the current option). That is the problem when I use the file on-demand lately. I know that by right clicking the file we would get an option to view it online/always keep on this device, (or if the file is created in the local folder, free up space). It's just that it would be great if we (users) could choose whether to use double click option to download it locally, view it online or always keep on our devices. I also would suggest that this feature "Files on-demand" be available to users of OneDrive in Mac. Could I also suggest that Microsoft Office Files would not take up space in our OneDrive just like Google Files in Google Drive. It would be great if that feature be available for us 365 users & OneDrive users, Microsoft could limit the Office files that would take up space lets say that 500MB or less Office files would not take up space in our OneDrive, normally our research outputs (for School purposes) are more than 500MB so this is still practical for Microsoft since a lot of us use Office files for business instead of for School purposes wherein files created for business purposes would not likely take up more than 500MB.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)