OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Developer Platform

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Why not create a private drive?

PrivateDrive is an option for OneDrive to become Private and can only be accessed by entering a pin/ Password

PrivateDrive could keep all files save.
    If someone tries to get into the PrivateDrive and fails 4 times
    Microsoft will send a alert text to you to see what's happened.

Please Consider this idea

Email me at

Connorljmachin@gmail.com

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix no sound/audio to play in 3gp format videos on onedrive.live.com

Requests made numerous times that you fix audio in .3gp format that does not play in a video to my Lumia 640 phone sent from my daughter's iphone on my Windows 7 computer at my online Onedrive.live.com account. All I ever got from Onedrive Support was many back-and-forth emails on several occasions to perform so many steps that never solved the problem and were not my preference of choice to use/try, i.e. use Internet Explorer brower--I use Firefox--and a slew of others steps that NEVER resolved the problem. WHAT GOOD IS A CLOUD IF IT CAN'T PLAY SOUND/AUDIO OF STANDARD…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. samsung z3 tizen OS

i have owned a Samsung z3 device which have tizen OS based on Linux... many users including me need onedrive and outlook apps for tizen OS..

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Offline viewing

Need option to save files and folders for offline viewing and editing

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Suggestion

Hi
    Can you look at adding a "select all" button at the empty trash menu.. I am sure many users will appreciate to use that button instead of having to select all the files one by one especially when you have too many files after a long period of time. Thank you for the consideration.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow videos to be embedded at any size

Right now, videos embed at 320x180, which is hardcoded inside the iframe. Noo matter how large I make the iframe, the video player itself stays that tiny.

I suggest REMOVING the dimensions from the player, setting them instead to 100% of the width of the containing iframe. The sample embed code would then have 320 x 180 as the default dimensions for the iframe, but a saavy designer/developer could remove those dimensions and make the video as large as they needed it to be and scale it responsively.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable custom thumbnails on business accounts

The page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/rest-api/api/driveitem_put_thumbnailset_content?view=odsp-graph-online specifies that custom thumbnails are only available for personal accounts. They should be available for all accounts.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Contacts

I would like to see that ONEDRIVE lets us save our mobile or any contacts. Please make this possible. Thank you!!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Develop a java client library

I would like you guys to develop a stable java client to integrate OneDrive with java based applications or suggest me an apt library which is already been developed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Edit file name ios

hi! Please add the possibility to edit a file name before uploading it using iOS app

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Design

Have you guys had a chance to use the Google photos app? I love one drive, but it would be awesome to see attention paid to the little details like you see in competing apps. More people will is the app if it offers a better experience. That better experience can't be just the bar if making sure it works but also how it makes a person feel when they use it.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SKIP files for upload

Should have an option to skip files that are 'waiting' to be uploaded. Such a simple idea...should be done already really Microsoft.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create ruby gems to wrap the APIs to Office 365 and OneDrive

I want to create a business application whereby end users can create an Excel spreadsheet and then to asking colleagues to fill in (copies of) the spreadsheet, and then collate the resulting sheets together (and ideally produce a summary), with monitoring statistics / summary report to see who has completed it and who hasn't.

Our core business application is written in Ruby on Rails so it would be great to have some gems that help with this.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow controlling enable/disable of validation code when sharing with external users.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):外部ユーザーとの共有における検証コードを用いた招待の制御について

Allow controlling enable/disable of validation code when sharing with external users.
    ■Description(内容):
    ​新UIにてアイテムを右クリックし、[共有] から外部招待を実施した場合、検証コードで認証する形で招待メールが送信されてしまう。
    検証コードでの認証が有効となっている場合、Office 365 アカウントや Microsoft アカウントとして登録されていないメール アドレスについても招待できてしまい、コードさえあればアイテムにアクセスできてしまう。
    外部共有にて匿名アクセスのリンクを有効化し、従来UIやアクセス許可の付与から行った場合にはアカウント認証を必要とする形で招待メールが送信されるが、そもそも検証コードの利用したくない場合の設定項目が存在しないため、必要に応じて設定変更できるよう制御する機能も実装してほしい。

I am concerned that the invitation mail will be sent in the form of the verification code in case of right-clicking on the item and execute an external invitation by [Share] option in the modern UI.

If validation code authentication is enabled, you can also invite email addresses that are not registered as Office 365 accounts or Microsoft accounts, also you can access the items if you only have code which is undesirable for…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable applying for the "Password Protection" to the files of OneNote Online.

■Title(件名):OneNote Online でのパスワードで保護する機能について

Enable applying for the "Password Protection" to the files of OneNote Online.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneNote クライアントに実装されている、パスワードで保護する機能について、OneNote Online でも利用できるように、機能を拡充してほしい。
    ​​
    For security reasons, we hope the feature will be added that enables applying for the "Password Protection" to the files of OneNote Online as well.

Thank you for your continued support.​​​

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide the Files On-Demand service regardless of the version of OS.

■Title(件名): ファイル オンデマンド機能を利用可能な OS バージョンについて

Provide the Files On-Demand service regardless of the version of OS.
    ■Description(内容):
    ​OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントにてファイル オンデマンドを利用する際には、現在 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (バージョン : 1709) 以降の OS でのみ提供されているため、他の Windows 7 や バージョン : 1709 以前の Windows OS でも利用できるようにしてほしい。

Currently, we are aware of that the Files On-Demand services in OneDrive for Business Sync Client.are only available for OS of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version:1709) or later version. Furthermore, please make this feature available on Windows 7 and version:1709 or earlier Windows OS as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. View full file name

It is very frustrating to not be able to read the entire file name. Please add this capability.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Support for Sync File Path (Removable Media)

Ok, so today I got concerned about my drive getting too full, with documentation. I'm sure I'm not the only individual/business or even budding entrepreneur with files of business activities in their personal computer. Perhaps enabling a sync path for removable media, such as UBS or MicroSD could allow easy transitions for on the go entrepreneurs out of the office.

This would be a great feature, because of tablets and mobile phones with MicroSD slots, or even laptops with USB ports. Imagine this: A CEO that needs to download files for a presentation at another office, or a law firm…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to prioritize order of uploads

It would be nice if the Ability to prioritize the order that the files are uploaded. And the option to pause select uploads or limit the amount of files being uploaded simultaneously. Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enables pasting the selected range of character string accurately to text without unnecessary Linebreaks. (OneNote Online)

■Title(件名):OneNote Online の改行情報を含む文字列をコピーしてテキストに張り付けると不要な改行が含まれてしまう事象について

Enables pasting the selected range of character string accurately to text without unnecessary Linebreaks. (OneNote Online)
    ■Description(内容):
    OneNote Online の改行情報を含むcharacter stringをコピーしてテキストに張り付ける​とオリジナルにはふくまれていない改行が含まれてしまう事象を解消してほしい。

As a current behavior, the format of the files will be corrupted because of the unexpected Line break which is not included in the original is appeared when copying the character string including the Line break and pasting it to text in OneNote Online.

Therefore, we would like to improve the function that enables pasting the selected range accurately to text in OneNote Online.

Thank you for your continued support.​

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Developer Platform

Categories