OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Developer Platform

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive Developer Platform?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow upload to shared folder without requring user to log in

I am working on an app that lets a OneDrive user share a folder with others such that they may read and edit files already present and upload new files to this folder.

So long as the other users are required to log in to their Microsoft accounts, this works fine, and non-logged in users can also read from the shared folder (although I have only figured out how to do that using the api.onedrive.com endpoint - not via graph.microsoft.com). Also, if I read the documentation correctly, only Office Online can let not logged in users edit shared documents.

My…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Business OneDrive needs photo management application that the Personal OneDrive already has this available

Business OneDrive needs photo management application that the Personal OneDrive already has this available

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. add blackberry 10 OS support on phone companion app

It's required for a low storage devices

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Speed of the app

It takes 5-10 seconds for a normal size file (1mb to get deleted. This seems very archaic. When browsing, despite being on a high quality wifi connection, the pictures take ages to load. Everything about it is slow.

I am only using the app because I got it with Office365, while I want to use it because it is a great app! Please fix this. Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ing processed and will appear shortly One drive have a upload files of archives low mbytes with 18kb:3mb. Please insert in the updates in th

ing processed and will appear shortly
    One drive have a upload files of archives low mbytes with 18kb:3mb. Please insert in the updates in the future in Windows 12 twelve...
    OneDrive in the Future can be a name Spartan Cloud or GoldDrive, and CloudSkydrive... Satya Nadela can be define a new Name... my suggestions is for a necessarious.
    juliopandinonfsw@gmail.com;contapadrao2k8k@outlook.com
    vote
    1 vote

Anonymous shared this idea · May 12, 2018 · Delete…

1 comment

Post comment

anônimo commented · Just Now · Delete
    A priority in this programation for OneDrive for Windows 12 Twelve. Priority of uplods…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add support for Comments in the new API

There is no API for comments, the old Live SDK had this. When will comments be added to the API?

Example:
    https://api.onedrive.com/v1.0/drive/items/{item-id}/comments/

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rotate pictures not just to the right but also left...(instead of 3 clicks it can be reduced to 1 click)

Rotate pictures not just to the right but also left...(instead of 3 clicks it can be reduced to 1 click)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There should be a "Privecy Protection Guaranty Symbol" As You Often See At Payment Gateway.

When we upload any files, photos or any videos there always be a little bit doubt of privacy break in our mind.

Most of users who started using OneDrive app Must support my point of view.

As we always see there are some symbols showing 100% security certified from different organization make a user feel free when transact through payment gateway.

I suggest why not we feel free when using one drive in any device or computers.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Xbox

You need better support because we've contacted you but you don't do **** to help... sorry it's be 3 days and you guys still haven't solved ower problems

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. **** yourself

**** yourself to death

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Select as a Photo Library on iOS

It would be great if the One Drive Pictures folder could be selected/mapped as an available photo library source within iOS. That way it could be referenced with other apps like Instagram for posting pictures that aren't currently stored on a device. The only way to do this now is to reimport / copy photos back to your local device library, use them with an app, then delete them locally again (to make the best use of space).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Touch ID

Would it be possible to secure the app and to have Touch ID to open it please? I know you have it on outlook

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Contacts

I would like to see that ONEDRIVE lets us save our mobile or any contacts. Please make this possible. Thank you!!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide the availibility to take over of all of the shared data at once to the new user.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):ユーザーの退職に伴う共有データについて

Provide the availibility to take over of all of the shared data at once to the new user.
    ■Description(内容):
    ユーザーの退職に伴い OneDrive for Business のデータを別ユーザーへ移行する際、改めて共有し直すのは大変手間である。共有データについて引き継ぎができるような機能を提供してほしい。

It is required to migrate all sharing data in OneDrive for Business to another user when the user retires from the company. we are concerned that the progress of sharing all the data to the new user takes a lot of time and effort.

Therefore, I hope you to provide a function that allows us to take over of all of the shared data at once to the new user.

Thank…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow disabling/removing the Outlook icon from the screen properly.

■Title(件名):Outlook on the Web を無効にした場合、共有などの Outlook アイコンも非表示にして欲しい。

Allow disabling/removing the Outlook icon from the screen properly.
    ■Description(内容):
    ​Outlook on the Web を無効にしても、共有などの画面に Outlook アイコンが表示されており消すことができない。クリックするとエラーになるため、 Outlook アイコンも非表示にできる機能の実装を希望します。​​

Even if you disable the "Outlook on the Web", the icon will continue to be displayed on the Sharing screen and can not be removed. Since clicking on the icon results in an error, it makes the user confused.

Therefore, I hope the feature will be implemented that allows disabling/removing the Outlook icon from the screen properly. Thank you for your consideration.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable/disable the file attachment options by settings in Teams

■Title(件名):
    Teams にてファイル添付を制御する機能を搭載してほしい。

Enable/disable the file attachment options by settings in Teams.
    ■Description(内容):
    Teams は使用させたいが、ファイルを添付することを管理者側で制御したいため、ファイル添付を制御する機能を搭載してほしい。

Currently, we are considering to not using the file attachment options by the administrator while using Microsoft Teams. Thus, we hope the administrator will have an ability to freely control the file attachment by settings.

Thank you for your continued support.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Renaming Folders or Files

Request ability to rename folders or files using some, most, or all of the existing folder name or filename.

When a user selects “Rename This Folder” or “Rename This File,” the current name is grayed out (current characters are unavailable for reuse during renaming). Users must re-enter some, most, or all characters of an existing folder or filename when wanting to change just one letter, number, or special character within the folder or filename.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Developer Platform

Feedback and Knowledge Base