OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Developer Platform

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. renaming pictures

I am finding OneDrive really useless & will stay with using Dropbox in synchronizing/backing up my photos, unless OneDrive designers will change their mind on the issue of renaming pictures as they are being saved into the cameraroll folder.
    Thats REALLY BAD and has messed up all my picture folders, before I recognized what's going on. Now I will have to find all those duplicates, I have created by copying pictures from OneDrive to my NAS Picture Folders. The purpose of synchronizing is to have an exact copy of the same file! I just can't understand that anyone sane could…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Just a thought

Si right when I got this I signed in got my grips and then went to work. What I didn't realize is that there was a upload camera roll button. So I accidentally hit said button and for the past week it's been uploading my whole camera roll. So, my thought is that you should have something as simple as a cancel button. Because it would have saved me a lot of time and space.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make a confirmation button for recycling bin & a recovery option other than recycling bin

Put a confirmation button for recycling bin so that it lessens the likelihood of accidental deletion like the over 2000 pictures & videos of my children that I never moved to recycling bin and now I can never get back. I used you guys as a safety net to protect my pics & videos now I'm thinking of going elsewhere.

Another option for recovering deleted files other than recycling bin would be helpful too.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide the ability to create folders in bulk batch on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):フォルダーを一括で作成する機能について

Provide the ability to create folders in bulk batch on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online.

■Description(内容):
    ​OneDrive for Business や SharePoint 上に、フォルダーを一括で作成する機能の追加を希望。

In order to increase usability, please provide the ability to create folders in bulk batch on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please provide the ability that allows adding the [Date uploaded] item in the [Content retention or deletion criteria].

■Title(件名):保持ポリシーの設定について

Please provide the ability that allows adding the [Date uploaded] item in the [Content retention or deletion criteria].

■Description(内容):
    ​[コンテンツを保持または削除する基準] の項目に [アップロード日] の項目を追加可能な機能の搭載をして欲しい。

Please provide the ability that allows adding the [Date uploaded] item in the [Content retention or deletion criteria] of the retention policy setting to make management more easier.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a functionality to change onedrive default to open office application and not office online

It would be good to be able to change default settings in OneDrive to enable a shared file to open in Office 365. Currently selecting the file opens it in Office on-line. There is an option if the file is right clicked (e.g. open in word online or open in word), but this is tedious so there should be made a default option to select how the files are opened. The online Office does not have the same functionality as Office 365 hence this request.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Buy Degree, Buy Diploma from www.buydegree8.com 100% legit

Buy Degree, Buy Diploma from www.buydegree8.com 100% legit
    We offer our exclusive clients the ability to gain IELTS certificates without taking the exams. The regions we cover are Asia ,UAE, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, etc.Kuwait ,Australia ,Canada and Europe and The exams are taken for them by writers who are paid to do it using the names of our clients. Our organization is well connected with various invigilators and test centers to allow our writers to take the exam on your behalf. We also create ID cards with the names of our clients to allow the writers do the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable keeping the Ribbon turned on by default even in the classic display.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business の従来の表示方法にて リボンを規定で ON にする設定を作って欲しい。

Enable keeping the Ribbon turned on by default even in the classic display.

■Description(内容):
    ​OneDrive for Business を [従来の表示方法] にて使用しているが、キャッシュのクリアをすると OFF に戻ってしまう。
    キャッシュのクリアのたびにリボンを ON するのは手間がかかるため、リボンの表示を規定で ON する設定項目を作って欲しい。​​

Currently, we are using the contents of OneDrive for Business in the classic display, however, there is a concern that the Ribbon will be automatically disabled when clearing the cache.

It is troublesome to turn on the Ribbon again every time you clear the cache so that I hope the feature will be implemented the settings that enables keeping the Ribbon turned on…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make a setting to prohibit sharing the folders to allow sharing only the files in OneDrive for Business.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business の共有の制限について

Make a setting to prohibit sharing the folders to allow sharing only the files in OneDrive for Business.

■Description(内容):
    ​OneDrive for Business にてファイルのみ共有を許可し、フォルダーは共有を禁止する機能を搭載してほしい。

For security reasons, please implement the feature that enables setting to prohibit sharing the folders to allow sharing only the files in OneDrive for Business.

Thank you for your continued support.​

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Confirm the username who shared each data via the Sync application.

■Title(件名):同期アプリ上で、共有しているユーザー名を確認する

Confirm the username who shared each data via the Sync application.

■Description(内容):
    同期アプリ上で、共有しているユーザー名を確認できる機能を実装してほしい。

For ease of management, we hope the feature implementation that allows us to confirm the username sharing each data via the Sync application.

Thank you for your continued support.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The functionality of setting the pop-up notifications on the shared user's device when the data is updated.

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business にて更新した際、誰がいつ更新したか共有ユーザーにポップアップ通知する

The functionality of setting the pop-up notifications on the shared user's device when the data is updated.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて更新した際、誰がいつ更新したか共有ユーザーのパソコン上でポップアップ通知する機能を実装してほしい。

Currently, I am concerned that nobody can know who or when did update the data in the case of some files are updated on OneDrive for Business. So that, please provide the functionality of setting the pop-up notifications on the shared user's device when the data is updated. (Updater and the date and time of update or else)

Thank you for your continued support.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The actual value of [Date shared] and [Shared by] need to be reflected in the [Shared files] screen.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business の "共有しているファイル" 画面について

The actual value of [Date shared] and [Shared by] need to be reflected in the [Shared files] screen.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business において、共有先のユーザーが "共有しているファイル" 画面にアクセスした際、[共有日] と [共有元] の項目に何も表示がされない。項目が用意されているのであれば、[共有日] と [共有元] が反映されるように改善を希望。​​

In OneDrive for Business, we notice that details of "Date shared" and "Shared by" are not displayed even though there are contents displaying when the shared user accesses the [Shared files] screen.

Since the formats are displayed, we hope the feature to improve the functionality that the actual value of [Date shared] and [Shared by] will be reflected.

Thank you…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Synchronize the files on the server directly to OneDrive for Business.

■Title(件名) : サーバー上のファイルを OneDrive for Business に直接同期できるようにしてほしい

Synchronize the files on the server directly to OneDrive for Business.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のデータがごみ箱に移動する動作が発生した。
    調査の結果、サード パーティ製のツールが関連している可能性が高いことが判明した。
    このツールは、社内ネットワーク上にあるサーバーのデータを、必要な時に OneDrive for Business にデータをコピーしてバックアップするものである。
    サーバー上のデータをコピーして必要な時に OneDrive for Business にデータをバックアップする運用を行いたいが、同期クライアントがネットワーク上のドライブを同期できないために、サード パーティ製のツールを利用している背景がある。
    このため、同期クライアントが社内のネットワーク上にあるサーバーのデータを同期できるようにしてほしい。

Presently, we are aware that the data on OneDrive for Business will be unintentionally moved to the Recycle Bin. It is assumed there is a high possibility that a third party tool copying the data of the server on the company's network to OneDrive for Business and performing the backup is relevant to this event. Is that because of the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Confirm the details of items such as extensions and the File size in the email more easily when you share an item on OneDrive for Business.

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムの共有を受けた際に、通知メールからアイテムの拡張子を確認できない。

Confirm the details of items such as extensions and the File size in the email more easily when you share an item on OneDrive for Business.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムの共有を受けた際に、共有の通知メールが届くが、"開く" と表示され、アイテムの詳細や拡張子を確認できない。
    ※ Office ファイルに関しては、メールに表示されたアイコンから、共有ファイルが Word、Excel などを確認できる。

フォルダーにファイルを入れ、フォルダー単位で共有を行うことで、共有先のユーザーが一度フォルダー内にアクセスし、選択したアイテムの詳細や拡張子を確認してから書類を開くことができるが、アイテムを単体で共有した場合、アイテムをリンクから直接クリックする動作のため、アイテムの詳細を確認できない。

OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムを単体で共有した場合でも、メール本文に "拡張子" や "ファイルのサイズ" などのアイテムの詳細が確認できるように機能の追加をお願いします。
    ​​
    As a current behavior, you receive a share notification email of the invitation of items on OneDrive for Business, however, it is displayed as "Open" therefore I feel inconvenienced that the users cannot confirm the details of items and extensions else. * Note: In the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Restrict the ability of the IRM settings for Office 365 E1 users by the admin user.

■Title(件名):管理者権限にて OneDrive for Business で IRM の設定を制限できるようにして欲しい。

Restrict the ability of the IRM settings for Office 365 E1 users by the admin user.

■Description(内容):
    ​Office 365 E3 の管理者ユーザーが IRM 設定を有効にした場合、Office 365 E1 のユーザーでも IRM 設定をすることが可能な動作を確認している。
    Office 365 E1 のユーザーが IRM 設定を使用できないように管理者ユーザーにて制限できる機能を追加して欲しい。

Currently, we are aware that the users who have the Office 365 E1 are able to configure IRM settings if the admin user of Office 365 E3 is enabled the IRM setting within the tenant.

In order to clarify the available service, please provide the feature that can restrict using the IRM settings for Office 365…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A directory, which can be used as a public web page.

Allow a directory in users disk space, which could be used as a public web page and allow php there.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow setting a desired interval for scheduled, automated syncing

I am currently "affected" by a known syncing issue, wherefore the resident folder in my laptop and the online version do not talk to each other (which makes me wonder what OneDrive is for, then, and why I am paying my subscription to Office 365, since I had upgraded specifically for that feature).
    At any rate, while talking to Support I asked whether it would be possible to establish a pre-set time interval at which to synch the folder and the app –once this known bug is fixed–. Apparently it isn't at this point in time, but the feature might…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Uma maneira de excluir arquivos duplicados ou triplicado!

Entrar em uma pasta é não ter que ficar selecionando qual arquivo para conseguir remover arquivos repetidos

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive needs the ability to search individual folders. "Search everything" is useless if you are search if you have 10000 results.

Why can't you search an individual folder. I'm looking for "text123", and I KNOW it's in a folder 5 subfolders down. But above that subfolder, "text123" yields 800 results. If I could search the subfolder, it would yield the 1 result I needed. So your search everything is useless, because I'm still going through 800 results.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Separate download and delete

Could the download and delete options in the right click menus be further apart or can delete be seperated thematically?. it makes automaticity so much harder.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Developer Platform

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base