OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Developer Platform

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow read/write of sharing/permissions information

Allow developers to read and write sharing information of items and folders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow outputting the logs properly even if the setting value is changed optionally.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    [指定のドメインに参加している PC でのみ同期を許可する] の設定値を変更したログについて

Allow outputting the logs properly even if the setting value is changed optionally.
    ■Description(内容):
    ​"OneDrive 管理センター" で設定できる [指定のドメインに参加している PC でのみ同期を許可する] 設定を変更したログが 監査ログ にて出力されません。
    当該設定値が変更されることで、テナント全体の同期が制限されてしまうこともあるため、ビジネスに致命的な遅延が生じます。
    当該設定値を変更した際のログが出力できるよう機能の追加を強く要望します。​​

Currently, I am aware of the logs will not be output in the audit log properly when changing the option of [Allow synchronization only on PC participating in specified domain] from "OneDrive Admin Center". If this setting value is not reflected properly, Synchronization of the entire tenant may be limited, which means there is a fatal impact on our business.

So that, we strongly hope the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to Speed up uploading

4 day to upload 5700 photos, while using Wi-fi and with a Internet connection of min 42 mb.

Is not an impressive start to uploading all my photos on to OneDrive.

There should be an option to stay connected when the phone goes to sleep or for the app to work in the background.

Thanks you for this shake to get help.

Hope you have a great day.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to edit the text files uploaded to OneDrive for Business via mobile devices.

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 上にアップロードしたテキストファイルを、モバイル端末でも編集できるようにしたい

Allow users to edit the text files uploaded to OneDrive for Business via mobile devices.
    ■Description(内容):
    PC 端末から OneDrive for Business にアクセスした際は、テキスト エディターを利用して編集と保存が可能である。
    しかし、モバイル端末などから OneDrive for Business にブラウザー、OneDrive アプリを使ってアクセスした場合は編集ができない。
    モバイル端末でも .txt 形式などのテキスト ファイル を編集できるように機能の追加を要望します。

Currently, it is possible to access OneDrive for Business from a PC device allow us editing and saving by a text editor. However, I feel inconvenience that editing is impossible when accessing to OneDrive for Business from mobile devices using a browser or OneDrive App.

Therefore, I hope the function will be improved enable the user to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Messaging

Could there be a way to back up your text messages and iMessages?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Be aware of the users are often experiencing the provisioning failure of the personal site.

■Title(件名):個人用サイトのプロビジョニングを行うと失敗する

Be aware of the users are often experiencing the provisioning failure of the personal site.
    ■Description(内容):
    下記の公開情報を参考に個人用サイトをプロビジョニングした場合に失敗することが多いです。
    スクリプト実行時にエラーも返ってこないため、有効化されたか確認するのにも多くの工数を要します。
    プロビジョニングが完了するまで繰り返し実行する機能か、失敗時にエラーが出力されるよう機能の改善を要望いたします。

We would inform you that the users are often experiencing the provisioning failure of the personal site due to referring to the public information below.

<Reference>
    Title: How to pre-provision user sites in OneDrive for Business
    URL: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/ceef6623-f54f-404d-8ee3-3ce1e338db07​

In addition, the error does not return at the time of script execution, thus it takes much time and effort to check whether it is valid or not. For that reason, we hope the improvement of the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Check-out a DriveItem resource returns Unsupported Segment Type error

We're getting "Bad Request" "Unsupported Segment Type" error when calling the /checkout endpoint on drive items as described in the official documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/rest-api/api/driveitem_checkout. We posted a question on SO but didn't get any answer except one that is to use the /beta endpoint instead. We actually tried both and non of them worked. Our SO questions is here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48902182/sharepoint-unsupported-segment-type-when-checkin-chekout-file/48995349#48995349.

Other endpoints work fine, only the /checkout does not.

Could you please help us resolve the issue? Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Revive the function of "Synchronization Calculator" in OneDrive for Business.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business 同期計算ツールについて

Revive the function of "Synchronization Calculatorl" in OneDrive for Business.
    ■Description(内容):
    現在提供が中止されている "OneDrive for Business 同期計算ツール" について再展開を希望します。

We recognized that the "Synchronization Calculator for OneDrive for Business" has discontinued lately, however, we think it is a very practical function to use. Therefore, we would like you to redeploy the "Synchronization Calculator" again.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide the functionality to inherit the Sharing settings of the folders when you move or copy a folder.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business 上で共有されたフォルダーを共有設定を引き継いだまま移動する機能の要望

Provide the functionality to inherit the Sharing settings of the folders when you move or copy a folder.
    ■Description(内容):
    ​OneDrive for Business 上のデータを、共有設定を引き継いで保持したい。
    他のユーザーから共有された OneDrive for Business 上のフォルダーを、自身の OneDrive for Business へ移動、コピーした場合に、フォルダーの共有設定も引き継がれる機能を提供してほしい。

We are considering to keep the data while inheriting the Share settings in OneDrive for Business.

For instance, it will be very helpful that if the functionality to inherit the Share settings of the folders will be available when you move or copy a folder on OneDrive for Business shared by other users to the personal OneDrive.

Thank you for…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow users greater flexibility to download user files from One Drive onto device external SD mini card/Flash drive (OTG attached).

Currently one only may download from One Drive for Android 6.0.1 onto the device internal storage. This requires a third party app to migrate files from internal storage to external SD card or other OTG-connected external memory (i.e., flash drive, etc.). As this issue has no doubt been forwarded to you countless times, as a developer myself I fail to understand the planned limitation herein described, within the current OneDrive code blocking users from full access to storage options.

Please add this functionality ASAP! The favor of your reply will be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Richard T. Rodolf, CTO
    REFUGIO…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Offline folder button

Please add an offline option for a folder. It really annoying selecting all files when I just want the whole folder available offline to use it when I am not close to a WiFi signal.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Offline

Make everything, that one can have, available offline. So when connected to internet it syncs automatically and when you go offline tou csn be sure that everything is up to date. Just like on a computer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Find unsynced files using OneDrive

The issue is, I had been using onedrive on my work computer for a long time. Without knowing that all my files then were never synced to the server! Now that I have to use a new computer, I logged out my onedrive from the old device and logged in to the new one. Thats when the nightmare begins. To realise that many of my files were missing.

I went on to check on onedrive web and saw that they werent there either. That's when I realised in the first place, the files weren't synced at all. Tried many ways…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Disable creating the Document folder in the file list of OneDrive by default settings.

■Title(件名):OneDrive のファイル一覧に自動で作成されるドキュメントフォルダを作成させない

Disable creating the Document folder in the file list of OneDrive by default settings.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive のファイル一覧にドキュメントフォルダが自動で作成され、削除しても再作成されてしまうため、ドキュメントフォルダを作成させないような方法​を提供して欲しい。

As a current behavior, we recognize that Document folders are automatically created in the file list of OneDrive. It is very inconvenient that the unnecessary folder will be recreated even if deleting once. Therefore, please provide the functionality to disable creating the Document folder by default settings.

Thank you for your continued support.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable confirming the status of synchronization when executing the "Set up sync" from the audit log.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business の同期のログについて

Enable confirming the status of synchronization when executing the "Set up sync" from the audit log.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて同期の設定を行っている場合、管理者が、監査ログにて同期の状況のログを取得する機能を搭載してほしい​

For ease of management, I would like you to provide availability of the feature that the administrator can acquire the logs to confirm the status of synchronization when you are executing the "Set up sync" from the audit log in OneDrive for Business.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add an option that enables [For more storage space] automatically after file editing.

■Title(件名):ファイル オンデマンド機能にてファイル編集後、自動で [空き容量を増やす] を行う機能を追加して欲しい。

Add an option that enables [For more storage space] automatically after file editing.
    ■Description(内容):
    ローカル PC の使用する容量を節約したいと考えております。
    ファイル オンデマンド機能では編集後、毎回 "右クリック" - [空き容量を増やす] を行う必要があり手間がかかります。
    そのため、ファイル編集後に自動で [空き容量を増やす] を行う機能を追加して欲しい。​​

We are considering to save the storage capacity of the local PC as much as possible.
    However, now it takes time and effort to perform "Right clicking"> "For more storage space" operation after each editing with the File on Demand feature at present.

Therefore, we hope you to add an option that enables [For more storage space] automatically after file editing.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. One should have to give permission for a file/folder to be shared to their drive.

If I click a link on a link to a file merely to see what it is, it is automatically shared to my OneDrive. This is extremely annoying. I want to be able to actually give permission to that file/folder to be shared with me, if I accidentally click something wrong, I would want this option.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. enhance list children of driveItem request to support custom sequence specified by the user

enhance list children of driveItem request to support custom sequence specified by the user.

Currently

GET /drives/{drive-id}/items/{item-id}/children

request always returns items sorted by name and there is no way to retrieve items in the order user specified it on OneDrive.com.

sortBy: sequence option available/supported here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/rest-api/resources/folderview?view=odsp-graph-online

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Developer Platform

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base