OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Developer Platform

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Quisiera entrar a mi cuenta Hotmail que cree en el 2011, tengo un año intentandolo. Espero una solución

Me pone muy molesta, ya que tengo un año intentando y nada. No cuento con la cuenta Skype ni el número telefónico ya que son antiguos y no los recuerdo. Espero una solución!!!!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Revive the function of "Synchronization Calculator" in OneDrive for Business.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business 同期計算ツールについて

Revive the function of "Synchronization Calculatorl" in OneDrive for Business.

■Description(内容):
    現在提供が中止されている "OneDrive for Business 同期計算ツール" について再展開を希望します。

We recognized that the "Synchronization Calculator for OneDrive for Business" has discontinued lately, however, we think it is a very practical function to use. Therefore, we would like you to redeploy the "Synchronization Calculator" again.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide the functionality to inherit the Sharing settings of the folders when you move or copy a folder.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business 上で共有されたフォルダーを共有設定を引き継いだまま移動する機能の要望

Provide the functionality to inherit the Sharing settings of the folders when you move or copy a folder.

■Description(内容):
    ​OneDrive for Business 上のデータを、共有設定を引き継いで保持したい。
    他のユーザーから共有された OneDrive for Business 上のフォルダーを、自身の OneDrive for Business へ移動、コピーした場合に、フォルダーの共有設定も引き継がれる機能を提供してほしい。

We are considering to keep the data while inheriting the Share settings in OneDrive for Business.

For instance, it will be very helpful that if the functionality to inherit the Share settings of the folders will be available when you move or copy a folder on OneDrive for Business shared by other users to the personal OneDrive.

Thank you for your…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow users greater flexibility to download user files from One Drive onto device external SD mini card/Flash drive (OTG attached).

Currently one only may download from One Drive for Android 6.0.1 onto the device internal storage. This requires a third party app to migrate files from internal storage to external SD card or other OTG-connected external memory (i.e., flash drive, etc.). As this issue has no doubt been forwarded to you countless times, as a developer myself I fail to understand the planned limitation herein described, within the current OneDrive code blocking users from full access to storage options.

Please add this functionality ASAP! The favor of your reply will be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Richard T. Rodolf, CTO
    REFUGIO…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Offline folder button

Please add an offline option for a folder. It really annoying selecting all files when I just want the whole folder available offline to use it when I am not close to a WiFi signal.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. sorting text

all throughout every Microsoft app and desktop/mobile platforms, there should be sorting like there is in Microsoft word desktop app, and excel. word doesn't have it on mobile like the desktop app. excel has it on mobile but you cant have multiple instances of sorting in a sheet. powerpoint doesn't have it at all. OneNote allows you to sort tables but that is not enough, we also need to sort simple lists or text boxes.

please bring sorting of all forms of text throughout office platforms both mobile and desktop/web apps.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Offline

Make everything, that one can have, available offline. So when connected to internet it syncs automatically and when you go offline tou csn be sure that everything is up to date. Just like on a computer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Find unsynced files using OneDrive

The issue is, I had been using onedrive on my work computer for a long time. Without knowing that all my files then were never synced to the server! Now that I have to use a new computer, I logged out my onedrive from the old device and logged in to the new one. Thats when the nightmare begins. To realise that many of my files were missing.

I went on to check on onedrive web and saw that they werent there either. That's when I realised in the first place, the files weren't synced at all. Tried many ways…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Disable creating the Document folder in the file list of OneDrive by default settings.

■Title(件名):OneDrive のファイル一覧に自動で作成されるドキュメントフォルダを作成させない

Disable creating the Document folder in the file list of OneDrive by default settings.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive のファイル一覧にドキュメントフォルダが自動で作成され、削除しても再作成されてしまうため、ドキュメントフォルダを作成させないような方法​を提供して欲しい。

As a current behavior, we recognize that Document folders are automatically created in the file list of OneDrive. It is very inconvenient that the unnecessary folder will be recreated even if deleting once. Therefore, please provide the functionality to disable creating the Document folder by default settings.

Thank you for your continued support.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable confirming the status of synchronization when executing the "Set up sync" from the audit log.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business の同期のログについて

Enable confirming the status of synchronization when executing the "Set up sync" from the audit log.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて同期の設定を行っている場合、管理者が、監査ログにて同期の状況のログを取得する機能を搭載してほしい​

For ease of management, I would like you to provide availability of the feature that the administrator can acquire the logs to confirm the status of synchronization when you are executing the "Set up sync" from the audit log in OneDrive for Business.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add support for Comments in the new API

There is no API for comments, the old Live SDK had this. When will comments be added to the API?

Example:
    https://api.onedrive.com/v1.0/drive/items/{item-id}/comments/

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create link to OneDrive app

Here is my usage scenario: I have a PDF file in my OneDrive, and it's marked to be stored for offline usage inside the OneDrive app on my Windows Phone.

What I want is to paste a link to my OneNote, and tapping this link opens the file directly using the OneDrive app.

Something like a onedrive:// URI schema.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sign into account.

Stop asking us to sign into our account every week. Your system should recognize the system we're using all the time.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I was just wondering if onedrive has a duplicate file scanner?

I think there should be a duplicate file scanner.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. One should have to give permission for a file/folder to be shared to their drive.

If I click a link on a link to a file merely to see what it is, it is automatically shared to my OneDrive. This is extremely annoying. I want to be able to actually give permission to that file/folder to be shared with me, if I accidentally click something wrong, I would want this option.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. IFTTT ingredient to allow unique (and non-static) filenames

The OneDrive service on IFTTT is great, and it allows users to use OneDrive with hundreds of other services. However, one BIG limitation is that OneDrive provides no way for the user to make sure the file has a unique name (and therefore doesn't overwrite a file that has potentially been created the same way previously). All this would take would be a UNIX timestamp ingredient for the IFTTT service. Many other services does this, and it would open the door for so many more things to use OneDrive with/for on IFTTT.

I for example use OneDrive as one of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. enhance list children of driveItem request to support custom sequence specified by the user

enhance list children of driveItem request to support custom sequence specified by the user.

Currently

GET /drives/{drive-id}/items/{item-id}/children

request always returns items sorted by name and there is no way to retrieve items in the order user specified it on OneDrive.com.

sortBy: sequence option available/supported here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/developer/rest-api/resources/folderview?view=odsp-graph-online

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include MediaServiceAutoTags and MediaServiceOCR Fields to Public API

I saw new fields MediaServiceAutoTags and MediaServiceOCR in Documents returned by SharePoint and OneDrive APIs.
    These props don't exist on "old" sites, created few months ago, but only for new ones.
    As I understand, the fields contain tags, or keywords, for the document based on its content. And might be used by developers to implement auto-tagging apps, more relevant search results, etc.
    Currently these fields "should be treated as internal".
    So, the proposal is to make them public.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show the details of the error contents appropriately when restoring items from [Recycle Bin].

■Title(件名):[ごみ箱] から[復元] のエラー詳細がかるようにしてほしい。

Show the details of the error contents appropriately when restoring items from [Recycle Bin].

■Description(内容):
    [ごみ箱] からアイテムを [復元] する際に、同名のアイテムがあるとエラーになる。
    ただし、エラー内容には同名のアイテムがあることが表示されない。
    なぜ復元できないかわからないことがある。
    同名のアイテムがあるため [復元] できないと、エラー内容の詳細を表示してほしい。​​

If there is an item with the same name, an error will occur when trying to restore the items from [Recycle Bin]. In addition, the details of the error will not indicate in the content (For instance, "Due to there is an item with a duplicate name." else) so that the users don't know why the items cannot be restored so far.

Therefore, we hope the feature improvement that enables…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One Drive Updates Tutorial

It would be great if the engineering team introduce a video in teaching all users regarding the latest updates of OneDrive, which would allow all users to use it easily and etc.

Lastly, it will be great, if OneDrive could implement a system in place for Sync of all files in the One Drive folder if it is being stored on an SSD external drive, to be displayed that all files have been sync successfully to the One Drive server and that the format of the SSD could allow all customers to set the settings of the format of the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Developer Platform

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base