643 votes52 comments · OneDrive on Windows » Windows Store App (Xbox, PC, Mobile, Hololens, Surface Hub) · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
Thanks for the suggestion.Dave commented
This has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have to deal with every single day, about every 5 minutes. Everyday. Day after day.
All my customer files are 6 levels deep like this My Documents(OneDrive)->Year->EndUser->Region ->Customer Name -> Project -> Specific Project Subfolder.
So this is my process for every **** file, all day, every day:
• I go to my 2017 folder ... looking for EndUser folder ... looking for EndUser folder .. ugh .. sort by name.
• Enter EndUser folder .... looking for the specific Region folder .. looking for the specific Region folder ... ugh .. sort by name.
• Enter the specific Region folder. Looking for a particular customer ... looking for a particular customer ... ugh .. sort by name
• Enter the particular Customer folder. Looking for the specific project ... looking for the specific project ... ugh .. sort by name
• Enter the particular Project folder. Multiple subfolders and project files ... looking for the specific subfolder .. looking for the specific subfolder ... ugh!!! Sort by name .. there it is.
Even after using this for a year it still appears to me that the folders show up in a completely random order EVERY TIME I ENTER IT!!! Possibly because I am entering the folders from many different apps, and .. ugh who knows why. All I know is I am being forced to play really sick and twisted Microsoft game of whack-a-mole for every folder at every level for every file I open, every day, day after day, week after week, month after month, and soon year after year.Dave supported this idea ·